Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My life is getting boring cause my body is wearing out. I want to metal detect but i cant walk far. Wife has me do work at home but BORING.
I hear you, Brother. My suggestion would be make your own list. Whatever your wife is "having you do" you can just say "I already made plans."

5 years ago I made my list of house projects, and even with a few add-ons by my wife, I have managed to scratch off about 3/4ths of them. The list grows, and I'm sure I will never be done.

I am frustrated at times that my endurance has dropped off too, but my motto is if you can do it, you should do it. If you can walk a quarter mile, then walk it. Repeatedly. I think you'll be able to stretch that if you keep doing it.

I would like to check out with either a fishing rod, or metal detector in my hand. Laid out on the sand, with a smile on my face. If they found me at the sink ( where I find myself daily ), with a dish cloth clenched in my fist, I couldn't live with myself.

Just drag your butt to your vehicle and get out. Hang in there, change your routine.

Last edited:

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Good advice from K.G. I used to run a mile in 4:12. I was 17 yrs old. If I dwelled on that I would go nuts. I haven’t run a mile, for time, in years. I still follow running news, I encourage young runners, etc. I realize I have “lost a step”. Maybe we’re looking at the next phase. If we can’t get out and DO, maybe we become part of the support system. Remember, we all have value. I think of the old Chief who can no longer hunt, but can teach the old songs. I believe in you.

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
Bingo, have your wife put her TODO slips in a jar along with your own on a one to one ratio. If democracy doesn't work, trade her in.

I used to go fishing with an old fellow who had a Boston whaler with a 50 hp mercury, one day I asked George how long he had owned the boat.

Told me one day a brochure for the Vancouver boat show showed up in the mail, he went to the show and came home with the boat.

Wife gave him an ultimatum, either the boat goes or she does, George told me that was 27 years ago and I still have the boat.,

The Whaler measured 12.5ft long, looked like a duck punt. From Twasson to Active Pass 20 minutes.

Screenshot from 2023-04-04 14-11-10.png

Last edited:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20 year olds think, “man, I wish I was old enough to retire.” 65 year olds think, “man, what I’d give to be 20 again!” Vicious circle.
and when we finally get the time and money to do the things we enjoy we are too old and worn out to do them.
to the O P , take one day a week to do your thing . I work on my farm 6 days a week and take one day all to myself.
the list of projects and chores will be with you until the day you die , it's all part of living, time management is key.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
and when we finally get the time and money to do the things we enjoy we are too old and worn out to do them.
to the O P , take one day a week to do your thing . I work on my farm 6 days a week and take one day all to myself.
the list of projects and chores will be with you until the day you die , it's all part of living, time management is key.
Amen. It is what you make it. Tomorrow has no guarantee.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Time management is very important to keeping things consistent.
As I age my mind still is doing projects 25yrs younger than my actual age. My body is telling me 15 yrs older than it should be.
The TODO list will never end, it's just a fact of life.
A few yrs ago I found out how to keep the Mrs entertained for a few hours a day.
Now took a hefty sum to have it happen. Though those few hours a day grounds her, I'm off the hook.
201125_075800_55.jpeg

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Time management is very important to keeping things consistent.
As I age my mind still is doing projects 25yrs younger than my actual age. My body is telling me 15 yrs older than it should be.
The TODO list will never end, it's just a fact of life.
A few yrs ago I found out how to keep the Mrs entertained for a few hours a day.
Now took a hefty sum to have it happen. Though those few hours a day grounds her, I'm off the hook.
View attachment 2077425
I used to be fairly adept at self defense. I have curbed my enthusiasm in this arena as I’ve aged. I realize that I would just look foolish (bloody). I realize defense is different than teaching someone a lesson.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I used to be fairly adept at self defense. I have curbed my enthusiasm in this arena as I’ve aged. I realize that I would just look foolish (bloody). I realize defense is different than teaching someone a lesson.
I figured out long ago it's mind over madder.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I got in my last fight when I punched out a guy that flipped me off after he took my spot at the gas pump.... I did it in front of my 8 or 9 year old kid.... I was so embarrassed at what I had done. It really shamed and changed me.
Yeah, I feel bad for the guys that never figure it out. Remember the movie, Any which Way but Loose? Clint didn’t want to be the next Tank Murdoch. He knew what it entailed. A lot to be said right there.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got in my last fight when I punched out a guy that flipped me off after he took my spot at the gas pump.... I did it in front of my 8 or 9 year old kid.... I was so embarrassed at what I had done. It really shamed and changed me.
Sometimes we regret what happened in the moment and can't take it back.
Though we can learn by it, and it does make a lot of us a better person because of it, in the end.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well double a, maybe you could start doing research on various treasure tales and pass the info on to the rest of us. Maybe even publish a book about various treasure tales, like that one guy does. I'd sure buy a copy.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If my words mean anything, People save and plan for retirement. Do what you want to do now 111 When you retire you may not be in the healthy condition what you had planned for :(

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sometimes we regret what happened in the moment and can't take it back.
Though we can learn by it, and it does make a lot of us a better person because of it, in the end.
That has been something I have used over the years to improve how I go through life. Thanks for posting this.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
My knees hurt, my hands hurt, my back hurts, my mind doesn't work as well as it used to, but I refuse to sit back and succumb to old age. As long as I can move, I will endure the pain.

Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 7.11.44 AM.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread