Should i try a gamma 6000

dirtynails

Mar 21, 2013
There is one on craigslist for $250 near me. Comes with the 11" DD coil. Has 3 years left on warranty if it transfers.
I have never used any model of teknetics. Just curious on how good it is and if it's worth that price tag. Also if I don't like it will I be able to sell it again for $250. It had been on CL for a while.

Charlesp54

Oct 31, 2012
Hernando Ms / Memphis Tn
Detector(s) used
ATPro, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Propointer, 11" DD Coil, 5" DD Coil, 8" Concentric Coil, BH Tracker 4, Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the same unit that you are looking at and it does very well. I am not sure about the warranty being tranferred I had to have a repair done and a copy of sale slip had to be returned with the unit. Its listed on CL so make sure you check it out well before you buy it. I am a little scared of CL items. I think the price is not bad as long as the machine works ok. Are you new to MDing? If so how will you know its working correctly? If you are new I think you should by from one of the vendors or members here.

F75PAHUNTER

Mar 10, 2014
Hanover Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LTD, Deus Xp, tecknetics gamma, Garrett pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get the Gamma ? Hows it working out?

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good advice already posted! I have one and really like it. I have the stock 8", a 5" and the 11" DD coil. They all work well. For the majority of the hunting I have been doing (large areas/not a whole lot of trash) I have been using the 11" almost exclusively. I'm with Charlesp54, in that, you should be cautious about purchasing from craigslist. Fair enough price and all, especially with the 11" coil (paid over one hundred for my 11" coil), just "dicey" IMO buying a detector and not knowing what you are truly getting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions