should pointless posts be deleted to save server space

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
You're putting some fantastically pointless posts up lately :notworthy:

I reckon the moon would be too dry to get any sort of depth with my XP, but I can't answer for everyone else's machines :-\

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might not be a bad idea, after some fixed period of time ??? I don't run the place, but imagine thee whole site takes up quite a bit of room.

How about posts that have too many similar pics ?

And some still post pics that are WAY TOO BIG. Not only the space I hate scrolling sideways.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there may be something we can look at to delete, all coming from 2 forums :laughing7:

After a month at best delete all news and weather posts... Keep in mind that a few days after any event it is no longer news unless it's a continuous story, or followup; it now becomes history :tongue3: :laughing7:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Well there may be something we can look at to delete, all coming from 2 forums :laughing7:

After a month at best delete all news and weather posts... Keep in mind that a few days after any event it is no longer news unless it's a continuous story, or followup; it now becomes history :tongue3: :laughing7:
Speaking of History, Is the Great One back? All Hail Spartacus :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"should pointless posts be deleted to save server space?"

Heck No! I mean, then we'd have to post them again.

Lady Liberty

Feb 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, leave the pointless posts. At some point there must have been a point to the post. After all, what would be the point of posting a pointless post anyway?

Whatever you do, don't mention a certain state or a certain member will get upset and want it deleted. ???

S

stefen

"Should pointless posts be deleted to save server space?"

What's the point!

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found another CLUE about my toolbox being taken away!!! It was an inside job.. Someone from treasure net took My Toolbox.. :help:

Just a Matter of time, til you are uncovered.. :thumbsup:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
I found another CLUE about my toolbox being taken away!!! It was an inside job.. Someone from treasure net took My Toolbox.. :help:

Did your toolbox have the Spell Check in it? Lots of folks asking about it. :icon_scratch:

Anyone know who did the song in this video. I've been watching it over and over and over and I can't figure it out. Gonna go and watch it a few more times I think. ;D

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginThePast said:
poorhunter78 said:

Did your toolbox have the Spell Check in it? Lots of folks asking about it. :icon_scratch:

Anyone know who did the song in this video. I've been watching it over and over and over and I can't figure it out. Gonna go and watch it a few more times I think. ;D

Diggin, I had a toolbox in here, It was for maintenance reasons.. Had a few friends who borrowed tools from it now and then.. Then when I went to add some new tools from a sale in it.. I found out some one took Our toolbox away.. Now after extensive talks with Myself, And the wall, After having it out with some Homebrew.. I have come to only one conclusion of who Is Guilty here..

And if there were Treasure Net Cops, I would turn him in.. Be looking forward to a day in Treasure Net Court..

Diggin, This was an Inside Job, Someone On this site took The toolbox.. :thumbsup:

S

stefen

poorhunter78 said:

You keep your tool in a box?

A match box perhaps?

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
poorhunter78 said:

You keep your tool in a box?

A match box perhaps?
A bud light 12 pack box, Takes gas to drive the darn thing.. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread