Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Think about all the poor little coins and pieces of jewelry that have been forced out of their comfortable little resting places in the ground because of the GT and those other Minelabs.

Think about it, if you were a coin living down there would you want to come back up to face this mean nasty world? NO!

I dug a Barber dime and I swear it was weeping! Poor little fellow! :'(

Well, I did my part to stop this evil movement. I sold my GT and may buy a Whites or something. Just think about all the coins I've made happy 8).

I wonder if foil feels the same way? :-\

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Michigan Badger said:
Think about all the poor little coins and pieces of jewelry that have been forced out of their comfortable little resting places in the ground because of the GT and those other Minelabs.

Think about it, if you were a coin living down there would you want to come back up to face this mean nasty world? NO!

I dug a Barber dime and I swear it was weeping! Poor little fellow! :'(

Well, I did my part to stop this evil movement. I sold my GT and may buy a Whites or something. Just think about all the coins I've made happy 8).

I wonder if foil feels the same way? :-\
No not a Whites have you lost your mind :o :o ??? ==Jim==

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you have nothing to move up to.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should the Sovereign GT be outlawed?

Yes

for everyone But Me ;)

At least in my area.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you feel the need to handicap yourself, why not just adjust the detector so your hunting with zero sensitivity or tape a nail to the coil? You'll have a whole new detector to learn with out spending any cash.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
comisoas said:
That's cool, I can see that I am not going to get a straight answer from you. Have a spectacular day, you are an asset to the hobby. Bryan

He said somewhere else, he was offered more then he paid.

I would have taken that deal also,
but turned around & bought another ASAP

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep.. I declare myself the GT Police, everyone that currently has one in possesion please forward them to me ASAP! ;D I will make sure to dispose of them accordingly.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With his hunting season all but over, I can see selling it if he wanted to, he can always buy another used one for a good price when spring rolls around if he wants. I see them for sale on the boards and EBay all the time.

The more knowledge he picks up and shares the more I learn......Thanks Badger for what you have shared about the Sov...... ;)

If I was single, I would have more detectors just for the learning, being married, 4 is about all I can get away with at the moment. ;D

I will probably pick up my 5th one this spring. Thinking of the Tesoro Vaquero for the seeded hunts. The interference was killing me on my last hunt, thinking the freq shifter may help.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree.

The heck with having mercy on those buried coins! They should be glad they're being dug. Very few coins in China ever get dug!

I probably should use the bucks and buy another Sovereign GT. I got almost enough from the sale to buy a brand new one. But on the other hand that SE still is lookin good ::)

From what I hear the SE can read the date on a coin at 24 inches deep. Some claim the SE is so powerful that a freshly dug Abe is wearing an ear ring and has spiked hair after being detected by it. Now that's what I call power!

Badger

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to live in Columbia, Missouri, hunted for points along the rivers and streams. I use to come across old houses, school houses, that were either on the edge of or in the middle of plowed fields and knew where there were old stage trails, unfortunately I had no detector then, I was addicted to point hunting. I had permission to hunt them, no telling how many old coins I walked over looking for points. :( Would have been nice to had a Sovereign with me then. ;)

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure_Hunter said:
I use to live in Columbia, Missouri, hunted for points along the rivers and streams. I use to come across old houses, school houses, that were either on the edge of or in the middle of plowed fields and knew where there were old stage trails, unfortunately I had no detector then, I was addicted to point hunting. I had permission to hunt them, no telling how many old coins I walked over looking for points. :( Would have been nice to had a Sovereign with me then. ;)

Oh ya. I know what you mean. When I was a kid in the late 50's there were all sorts of old Victorian mansions in our area that were just sitting there empty. I could have dug everything and no one would have cared.

By the time I bought my first detector, all those places had been torn down and filled.

Badger

Ltr113

Mar 3, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, White's Prizm IV, Bounty Hunter Scout
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure_Hunter said:

Is point hunting the same as shed hunting? (hunting for shed deer points?)

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live not very far from Roswell. Rumor has it that more UFOs have been spotted and several outstanding citizens have had their brains partially sucked out. I wonder if......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ltr113 said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Is point hunting the same as shed hunting? (hunting for shed deer points?)

LOL, point hunting is looking for indian artifacts (arrowheads). :thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't ever go wrong with Sovereign at the beach.

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
.......EVERYONE DO NOT BE SO SERIOUS........I think that he was kiddding..........afterall he was talking about coins and foil in the first person.............also I believe that Michigan Badger has a lot of detectors so maybe he decided to spend more time with some of his other detectors .........LOL.......Joe

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I, for one, got the joke - Have also tried ML's and was not overly impressed.
My coins are positively happy when liberated from the iron clutches of mother earth by my bad azz little Ace 250.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread