Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out detecting at my local school grounds, and my neighbor ;who is jealous of me) LOL called the stinkin cops on me. I do not have direct permission from the school to be detecting. But since I pay taxes to them, it's my ground as well. So I'm out detecting and here comes a county officer zooming up. I'm like *crap! lemme at least get this quarter out of the hole* so he gets out and starts walking over to me. My heart is pounding at this point. He approaches me and asks, "finding anything good?" "Yeah got a couple silver dimes and some old pennies" and he starts rambling on about how he himself detects with a whites dfx! He gave me some great advise on locations to hunt, and he told me all public land is available to detect unless it's posted otherwise! We wished each other luck and he went on his way. The funny thing was, when I got home, my neighbor asked me, "So did you get a fine" so I obviously know he called them.

GL HH

Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need

Upvote 0

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What is it with Gladys Kravitz types? We have permission to look at a 1930's house that is going to be be torn down but the real estate agent said the next door neighbor is a real busybody and anytime anyone comes over to even look at the house she is out there questioning them. It's a small junky yard and we're wondering if its even worth it to go.i'm sorry that happened to you detectingpro,people need to mind their own beeswax

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Who is Gladys Kravitz ? I'll Google it, but never heard that reference before...I'm excited to learn something new!! Thanks coily!
For the old lady, could try a act of kindness, has worked for me in the past, considering your location, a nice tray of good cornbread may work wonders, that and she may know something you don't.
Possibly whomever lived there was a older man or woman and they may have hidden their bankroll there somewhere, that and it may open other doors.

Or you may have what's happened to me once or twice in the past, get an antique double barrel pulled on you..lol..not really lol though.

Mike

Edit, googled it, that TV show ended a year after I was born, though I vaguely remember seeing it, not enough to remember cast members.

Last edited:

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I loved Bewitched. One of my favorite reruns. I've probably seen every episode at least 5 times

Bucketfreak317

Feb 3, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 Whites BH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ha ha....
Guess that will teach the busy body neighbor guess they felt like and idiot I would have taken a catalog over from a metal detecting supply and handed it to him,maybe even put a sticky note on it saying something like "now you have no excuse to be such a jealous admirer of my detecting skills" :-)

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm a Gladys Kravitz too BC but in a good way,I always try and look out for my neighbors .

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a Gladys Kravitz too BC but in a good way,I always try and look out for my neighbors .
Me too, but it's a pretty thin line between looking out for your neighbors and spying on them.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh I appreciate good watchful neighbors also, just not to watchful. Like the one neighbor guy I found on a step ladder one night when I went outside for a smoke, yeah on a ladder outside my bathroom window, while my wife was in the shower, I'd mention the rest of the story, but I don't want to incriminate myself.

Mike

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My horses don't complain, but they also steal my pinpointer or digger if I'm not careful. I had to chase my paint a good 2 acres to get my digger back. Oh well, it was fun and I probably needed the exercise anyway.

Hoshnasi

May 2, 2011
Cerritos, Ca.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The funny thing was, when I got home, my neighbor asked me, "So did you get a fine" so I obviously know he called them.

Wow! What kind of busy-bodies do you live next door to?! Wow, what a jerk that guy is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread