Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Will this get you inspired?
Part of my 2014 total.
First two pics are my Dinosaur Nugget. Others are iron oxide stained quartz/gold specimens.
eBuyc is now the proud owner of these and many more.
Bob
Photo on 9-1-14 at 10.02 AM.jpg dinosaur nugget.jpg
Photo on 9-1-14 at 9.57 AM #2.jpg Photo on 9-1-14 at 10.08 AM.jpg

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anything bigger than 10 mesh I would classify as a nugget...you certainly can pick it up with your fingers, even with gloves on.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, well the 3 in the circlular container were more recent than the bottom.
The middle Australian shaped cornflake of those three is my 3rd all time favorite nugget that I have found that didn't have quartz in it.

On the bottom picture in the 1oz vial with the large nuggets you will see one that kind of looks like a gold fish.
Outside of that vial it looks just like a Gold Fish Cracker, that is my second all time favorite nugget find and actually my very first too. Sadly, I have no better pictures of it and the new owner hasn't posted any either.

I don't have my pics of my all time favorite around that I can find, I think the pictures got deleted. That nugget was my biggest find yet but it sold pretty quickly too. I have it written down somewhere but it was about 4.9g with a little .3 or .4g chunk that broke off when I removed it from its crack.

In the center of the bottom picture you can see a large quartz gold specimen, that is my second favorite specimen.
My first favorite was the beautiful rose quartz gold specimen in the very lower left that isn't in a vial. I don't have any other pictures of it but the otherwise is half rose and half gold, very pretty.

I have a lot of others, but not that are as beautiful or unique in my opinion.

cornflake 1.jpg

cornflake 2.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You guys are gonna have to post double for me; I have three lil' pickers that aren't worth posting and no nuggets yet. Great thread Bigscoop!:icon_thumleft:

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 1107764

Here's a few nice ones...

Holy Cow IDdesertman!!! What beautiful, sassy gold you have found. I don't have it in me to be strictly envious mind you, but I certainly do hold them in enviable admiration. :)

My goodness... well done!!! :icon_thumleft:

Jim

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• YeahYeahAZ.jpg
    YeahYeahAZ.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 190
  • map 017.jpg
    map 017.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 146
  • z2.jpg
    z2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 673
  • z1.jpg
    z1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 140
  • rghg.jpg
    rghg.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 150

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Yep... Terry looks as healthy as a trout, and that is a real gem of a hat!! We also love your gold Terry, beautiful stuff. :)

But best of all I like the scene photo. That country is so different from anything I've known, so easy to understand why you spend time there hunting gold... heaven on earth... thankyou for sharing it with us.

Jim.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang, those are wonderful nuggets Terry, it is always a treat when you post your finds up. :)

MXT there is some nice detail in those pickers, very nice! :thumbsup:

Uncle Ron

Greenie
Mar 26, 2003
Golden Triangle, Arizona
Some found with the SD2100 and others with GP4500 ... Small round piece was found with my GB2 right on top of a small drywasher pile ... All those, except the top one,which was found on my own claim a couple miles away, were found within a three day period ... Many others found in that patch with total over five ozT... $5KPatch6-25-08Studio.JPG $1kPlusNuggetA6-11-08.JPG 5kPatch10-12-08NugDime2.jpg

Last edited:

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Some found with the SD2100 and others with GP4500 ... Small round piece was found with my GB2 right on top of a small drywasher pile ... All those, except the top one,which was found on my own claim a couple miles away, were found within a three day period ... Many others found in that patch with total over five ozT... View attachment 1109553 View attachment 1109554 View attachment 1109555

Hey Ron. Beautiful pieces. I'm trying to exercise my memory. I bought a black unmarked prototype 6" coil for my Whites GMII years back (no complaints with it's function or the transaction!) on one of the forums. As I recall it was you. Am I correct?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread