Shunned vs Shunned

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I was shunned out of my community 25-30 years ago because my behavior and attitudes didn't fit the norm of the upcoming 'yuppies'.
Came back 'home' a few years ago and started taking part in the family farm and my children's and grandchildren's lives .
We are doing fine .
Those same folks that shunned me are frantic with today's economy and the way it has devastated their 'yuppie'lifestyle and they are asking me for advice .
All I can tell them is that "I know nothing ....What you got that you want to sell cheap ?"
Sympathy is a word in the dictionary somewere between s................ and ..............
I am sure someone else can fill im the blanks .

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Does this make you better ... ???

I love you butch ... you got my back ... BUT ...

Just because these guys may have said "yuppie speek" ...

Don't rub it in their face ... AKA ... I told ya so ...

Perhaps some will learn and EVERYONE will grow from this ...

~ Nick
Rub it in their face : NUHUH ! Take them to raise : the same . I got my own kids and grandkids that listned to care for . No paybacks , just no charity . You picked your path ; now walk it .

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Darn it , Nick ....! They never did it in years past when it would have really mattered to me and mine .
Is there a reason for us to help those who stepped on us on their way up now that they are falling ?
Jim

Minstrel

Oct 12, 2008
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett-GTI-2500
truckinbutch said:
Darn it , Nick ....! They never did it in years past when it would have really mattered to me and mine .
Is there a reason for us to help those who stepped on us on their way up now that they are falling ?
Jim
I have to agree with you, they had the chance to do the right thing and as the old saying goes: "what goes around comes around"--you my friend are not doing anything to them, just going on your
way down the road with the ones you need and have been taking care of. People laughed at me about my ideas of the old west and that gold was still there to be found. Now they all have bad backs, bad knees, overweight, can't walk a block without stopping for breath, broke except for their SS checks coming in and the only "fun" they have is sitting at the club bending their elbows talking about the good old times (high school). When they saw me this spring and asked what and how I was doing, I enjoyed throwing a vial of gold on the table and saying "this is what I do" and I am doing very well, thank you.
Forget them my friend, take care of you and yours without them just as you have, let the fall they are taking wake them up with a big slap to the head. Stand on the highest hill and shout "yes, I did it without you and will continue without you".
Is this a true Christian attitude? No, but I believe in the idea that if someone wants to throw me
into the lion's den, then I am going to take a sword, and vengeance will be mine when I climb out looking for those that tossed me in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread