Shuttle Recovery video footage

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm working on a book about the Cape Canaveral area. I understand from various sources that there is video of submerged objects in the search area recorded by equipment used during the Challenger recovery operation, to wit by ROV, diver, submersible, ect.. Has anybody seen this footage, or heard about it? Any idea where I might find it?

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
signumops

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, the video logs are in there. I think target 0 means "something not part of Challenger". In their final report, the Navy states they located 811 targets using super sonar, of which 700 + were ID'd. Of those 700, there were two lost airplanes (maybe dopers) and a pile of shipwrecks, as well as around 250 geophysical anomalies (rocks, rifts, crevasse and so forth). Next question: how do you get the videos?

BTW, thanks for that FISHEYE!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try applying for a freedom of information act with NASA and request a copy of the videos.They found all kinds of stuff down there.They even sent down divers to identify a beer can and a crab shell.I think after finding most of the wreckage they got bored with the rest of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions