Sick of Ampex prices

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They also charged me $25 S&H on my last order. Provident charges about half of that depending on the size of your order.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy Silvertowne Bars 5oz or 10oz and the shipping is free. When you figure in the shipping by Provident they are actually cheaper than what provident lists their sales for.
Just a hint from experience, take it as you may.

OP
OP
B

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a better place with better prices than ampex. It hasn't opened but I'm counting the days

onlyforthebrave

Tenderfoot
Oct 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a better place with better prices than ampex. It hasn't opened but I'm counting the days

What is it? Would want to try it out. Apmex to me is good for gold purchases, and the overall service is among the best. For silver, I go with Liberty Silver to avoid VAT and the premiums are rather low.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally would be wary of making any huge purchases from a brand new place that hasn't proven itself. Small purchases to test the waters would be fine though. Personally, I think people spend way too much time and effort trying to save a few dollars when in the long term it is not going to matter at all. 30 years from now are you going to care whether you paid $31 per ounce or $31.10 per ounce? Not likely. But some people will shop at some very questionable places just to save a few pennies per ounce or dollars on shipping. Don't get me wrong, if I can save a little money AND be assured that what I'm getting is real then I will consider it. But it only takes one "oops" to wipe out an entire life worth of "deals". That's why you will never catch me buying PM's on eBay.

My personal favorite is Provident Metals. They are reputable, have decent prices, and always seem to have everything that I want.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These questions can be answered by looking at the company websites and FAQs. You can always call thier 800 number and ask them. I agree that the shipping can be expensive, but there are companies that don't charge shipping, but charge higher premiums. Always consider ALL the costs before deciding who is cheaper to buy from.

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
I've purchased ASE's from Provident Metals. Shipping based on value of purchase: up to $99.99 = $5.95. $100 - $499.99 = $8.95. $500 - $1,999.99 = 11.95, and so on. Thing that bugs me about Provident is prices are listed as "cash" prices. So to get the cash price, I have to send a check or money order (extra cost) and they hold even a money order for 5 days. Total turn around time on my last order: Mailed money order on the 1st, received ASE on the 14th. Not a fan of that.

Have been ordering ASE's and SML's from Aydin Coin and Jewelry lately from their website. Prices quoted are credit card prices with free shipping. Ordered online on Monday, recieved ASE on Thursday at a price cheaper than Provident. Was pleasantly surprised. In the last 12 months, Aydin has a 100% rating in customer satisfaction on ebay. 38,675 positive feedbacks, 27 neutral and 4 negative received. I am not affiliated with Aydin in any way, just a very satisfied customer. Do your own research, of course... They are getting my next order. R U S H

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread