Side-by-Side Tests

• Thread starter John n Washington
  • Start date

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of the more expensive machines don't work that well for normal coinshooting as the extra performance has only been gained at the expense of sacrificing all round ability.

A good review to check out is the Belgian one which illustrates the different blind spots of some machines. The DFX chart is readable as is. Small charts click on to enlarge. Your looking for the most green V's and least red crosses.

http://www.forum.detektoreninfo.de/topic3856.html

The items used in test are typical European finds but in the field a hammered silver coin is no different than a larger U.S. silver one at greater depth so the results still have relevance.

alduro

Greenie
Apr 13, 2007
I went to some of the links some of you listed and put the info on an Excel spreadsheet. I added formulas, averages and etc. Anyone would be welcome to it.

I am sure some machines are better than others, but so are some users. Of the two, I am sure the human element is the more important.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
John n Washington said:
I haven't found but a few online, but perhaps someone has made the effort and has compared the detection capability of two or more detectors side-by-side (under similar environmental circumstances). I would think any modestly curious individual who has purchased an expensive new detector would take a moment and compare it with whatever he used to use. Now, who is willing to provide the results of such a side-by-side test?

I'm thinking someone here with a little scientific investigative ability has already recorded a quantitative test (Ground test of depth ability, discrimination ability, target separation ability) on at least two detectors.

Who wants to be first?

john

Your question has been asked and/or suggested many times by me and many others.

Is a side-by-side test possible? Absolutely.

Would it prove once and for all which detector really is the best in a particular type of soil, region, and weather condition? Absolutely.

So, why isn't it being done much? Easy one...nobody wants to generate enemies. If one were to do this test and prove one machine deeper than all the others in the average soil found in the U.S., one would win a few friends and many enemies. Only those who liked the final verdict would believe the report so why do it in the first place?

Badger

Man I want to know what all is better than mine...Would not upset me in the least...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread