Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a tooth pulled right before I went - ended up with a "dry socket" and was in pain while down there
when I got down there and suited up - I tried my go to snorkel and could not use it cause it fell into hole
where tooth was and it was a no go. Luckily I brought my full face mask as a back up.
So if anyone has a current tooth prob that prohibits them from using a snorkel - full face would be the way to go
attachment.php

Upvote 0

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
That stinks! Sorry you had problems but sounds like you were well prepared. Do you prefer the full face mask snorkel? No problems with leakage?
HH
dts

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That stinks! Sorry you had problems but sounds like you were well prepared. Do you prefer the full face mask snorkel? No problems with leakage?
HH
dts
I hate tooth issues, sorry to hear............... I've used the one Casper has pictured and no leakage, but It did take me a few days to get use to it. Did notice if I had a lot of digging it required me to take a break more often, by surfacing, taking it off or lifting so I could get more air. Then go for another 10 minutes....Could have been me and old age..:laughing7:

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That orange top is where you get air right!

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please Google "full face snorkel mask danger" . Apparently there an inherent danger with some full face masks. I looked into them because i had been told you can wear glasses under them, you can't. I'm blind as a bat , i have a mask with my eye glass prescription .

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dry socket..... Terrible pain. Had that once and felt like banging my head on a tree trunk!!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please Google "full face snorkel mask danger" . Apparently there an inherent danger with some full face masks. I looked into them because i had been told you can wear glasses under them, you can't. I'm blind as a bat , i have a mask with my eye glass prescription .
I HAVE ONE OF THE ORIGINAL ONES - Tricor - from Europe - I would bet the house I was first American to own one - I had been watching its development for yrs
and was waiting for them to hit the market to try one out - as soon as they hit the stores I had a guy bring me one over from Portugal - now their are
tons of Chineese rip offs and wonder if those are the ones that might have issues

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
POSITIVES = great in cold water - keeps most of your face warm
= you can breathe thru your nose or mouth or both (you have a stuffed up nose - breathe thru your mouth)
= you can talk
NEGATIVES = you can not stay on bottom - so much "air" space in mask - your head wants to surface
bad for me when I get to a spot where fanning is necessary
= watch what you eat before using - since you may exhale thru your mouth - don't eat garlic before hand
= because of the larger lens and you are exhaling into mask - spit wont cut it usually as far as fogging
is concerned - I use dawn dish liquid in mine to stop fogging - thin film spread inside and couple of dunks
in the water to rinse and will last about 3 hrs

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bet when you were first man on the beach with one of those you got some funny looks.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest: