Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7::laughing7:
Yeah my wife lol, look at my profile, yesterdays pics..pissed redhead.
ummmmm
sorry i will have to take the zero rofl.gif
heh...hehe..heheheh
run!!!!!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet talk
Sweet talk......
Not liein.......just profilin!!
Wife don't read these.....right?
heh heh heheheheh ehehehehehehehhehehehehheheheh

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quote Originally Posted by gleaner1 View Post
I'm just curious as to why you are so curious about something so profoundly silly.

I don't seem to see any humor in self protection, or protection of family if you got the nads to do it. More like common sense to me.Sometimes you don't have enough time to wait, hoping law enforcement will arrive in time.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I carry, have a lifetime permit. Probably should carry more often than I do because you never know.
Would sure hate to need it and not have it. Easy to not feel the need when I never have. but there is a feeling of security when I do carry.

GG~

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several members have been robbed of their detectors while out hunting...

Ozona Dowser

Tenderfoot
Dec 8, 2013
Granbury,Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, fisher Gemini II, Garrett Freedom plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My uncle who is an ex-justice-of-the-peace gave me this advice. "There are a lot of good people pushing up daisies because they could not find an officer of the law when they needed him. If you get arrested, get a hand receipt with serial numbers, pay your fine, and live to treasure hunt another day." We have mountain lions, Javalina pigs(which will eat you) and feral hogs not to mention several species of poisonous snakes here in Texas. So if you are out in the back 40 sections, it is best to be able to take care of yourself.

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I asked many police officers here in Florida about open carry vs conceal carry, by far the vast majority tell me they prefer open carry, that it cuts down on crime..
Mine has been used to thwart a crime once and to protect myself once. Both times were successful.

FLATENPA

Jun 24, 2014
Western Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, AT Pro, CTX 3030, Sovereign Elite, Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I carry used to carry a SW model 19 the first round was snake shot, the other five where destined for larger serpents. Now I carry a tiny little Pathfinder 22 mag with nine rounds the first two are snake shot, the energy transfer from a 22 mag is quite respectable, and it fits nicely in my pocket, waist band, leg holster... Against critters it will drop most and send the others scurrying of course it won't drop a bear. However in Fla the bear are not that big of an issue not to say we don;t have them just that there are not that many of them on the beach :dontknow: . With the two legged serpents I can use my verbal skills as my first line of defense, then I opt for distance if that fails then it might get loud.

I have determined that with or without a side arm I am still harassed by those pesky crown tops... :icon_scratch:

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We can't carry any kind of gun here in Canada, maybe some bear spray.:laughing7: I worked with this fellow from another country for 6 years, he was always kinda different, he does not respect women at all. He has been charged with several offences now because he took a liking to a young lady we work with. He told her several weeks back that he wanted to kick her knees in, he said there is death in the air tonight, they did not fire him. last wed, night he followed her form her boy friends house at 1 am. He followed her so close she could not see his head lights. He then passed her with the window down, he fired a pellet gun at her window shattering the window then trying to run her off the road? She is scared for her life. Now if he had a fire arm, well he would be charged with murder. Send him back where he came from, enough is enough. I thought he was my friend. What do you think?

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We can't carry any kind of gun here in Canada, maybe some bear spray.:laughing7: I worked with this fellow from another country for 6 years, he was always kinda different, he does not respect women at all. He has been charged with several offences now because he took a liking to a young lady we work with. He told her several weeks back that he wanted to kick her knees in, he said there is death in the air tonight, they did not fire him. last wed, night he followed her form her boy friends house at 1 am. He followed her so close she could not see his head lights. He then passed her with the window down, he fired a pellet gun at her window shattering the window then trying to run her off the road? She is scared for her life. Now if he had a fire arm, well he would be charged with murder. Send him back where he came from, enough is enough. I thought he was my friend. What do you think?

I'd kill him in his sleep. Arrange an "accident"
You did ask.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And If she had a fire arm the story would over with too.

When I went to last gun show this small beautiful young lady maybe 100 lbs pulls a Springfield .45 out of her purse to have it checked at door by police, officer asks her why she has such big firearm, turns out 3 men tried to break into her home one night and were scared off by a neighbor.

She now has conceal carry license and is ready to defend herself........

I find that far more sexy than some girl twerking...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd kill him in his sleep. Arrange an "accident"
You did ask.

Can you tell us how you REALLY FEEL Viking? :thumbsup: I totally agree.... :occasion14: Damn good thing we don't live close to each other... it would be scary around here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions