Sidescan and scanning sonars for sale

Craigpate

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2005
I am selling 2 wreck hunting sonar’s. I have a Wesmar SHD700SS sidescan sonar in 300 kHz. It is complete and works perfectly; I just never have the time to use it. This set consists of the fish, cable (I don’t remember the exact length, but it was around 400 ft.), console, cable storage spool, and video monitor. It will work with about any monitor, but I have a 17 inch standard computer monitor that goes with it. I am the second owner of this sonar, and I have never had any trouble with it at all. I used in fresh water only. The 300 kHz gives much better resolution than the more common 108 kHz model, but it has a shorter range. I had excellent returns in the 600 ft. (per side) range. Larger targets on a soft bottom under ideal conditions can be detected from longer ranges. Please see this link for more information http://www.wesmar.com/pdf/sidescan.pdf I live northwest of Chicago. It can be shipped or picked up here. I am asking $4000.00 for this set, which is really a fraction of what a new one costs. I also have an older Wesmar 150 scanning sonar which also works great. This is a much better sonar than the older 110 which was plagued with problems. This sonar gives a radar like display and simply shows echo’s both on screen and through a speaker. This sonar is probably late 70’s or early 80’s vintage, but it is a proven wreckfinder. It is a low frequency model with a 1600 ft. max range (in any direction). The transducer dome (8 inch) for this is mounted on a tube which I would hook to the back of my boat. The tube is long (to get the transducer dome below the outdrive), and is probably not shippable as assembled. It can be disassembled which would require cutting the splice and re-connecting. I am asking $600.00 for this set, this includes a voltage inverter which is needed to run off regular 12 volt power. E-mail me for more information [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread