Sidewalks

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
I have always heard you can, but I know I wouldnt care for someone diggin around right in front of my house. But my house also sits just 30ft from the road, and the easement between the walk and the road is cared for by me so its kind of like my property! I could see how you could tick people off detecting there, if in front of there homes.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
technically you can, however you also have to use some brains too. try not to leave any kind of evidence that you were there

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have to be really careful because we have the Verizon fiber optics buried in the strip near the street.

This has been a controversial topic here on T-net before. The boulevard is city property but be prepared to be yelled at by people who think they own it just because they care for it. I couldn't care less if someone searches mine, but there are a lot of metal detectorists even on this forum that are opposed to someone searching their pieces of city property. Boulevards are great places to search, but I won't anymore unless there is construction going on. I got tired of people yelling at me (even when I was probing) but my friend is gearing up for searching them as he spends his time arguing with the people who flip out (80% women) and just tells them to call the cops already. I've had the cops called on me about 5 times from boulevards and it was waste of their time as I was doing nothing illegal and was not damaging the grass. I tell people that if they want to keep the cops from catching real criminals, then go ahead call them. It is usually because they think they own that property but they don't.
Detectorists here will worry about promoting the hobby and will not recommend that you search these grassy strips but I will tell you that if you can tolerate the staring out the window, doors slamming, and the yelling, then go for it! Lots of goodies to be found! :thumbsup:
Dave.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if there is a college nearby, those old houses that surround the university and rent out rooms to students usually give good returns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread