Sidewinder & gold?

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sidewinder & gold?

I have a Tesoro Sidewinder that right now is back at Tesoro for service and tuning. I have 3 coils for it, a 4", an 8" concentric doughnut, and i just ordered a new 8 1/2" DD Wide Scan coil for it. Which coil would be best on it to take to the river and search for Small Gold? Or will i be wasting my time with any of them? If i need a different detector all together which would be better, the Fisher Gold Bug or the Garret Gold Stinger, or a different Tesoro model? I would need to sell this one if i need to get something different. Any idea what this would be worth with all 3 coils. The 8 1/2" DD would be new in package along with a new cover and a new cover for the 4". I know what i have in it all and would need to break even but if it isn't worth that much then i would just keep it as i don't want to take a big loss on it. Thanks for any info.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Sidewinder & gold?

You would get as high a price as the guy was willing to pay and that wouldn't be worth it for you to sell it. I'd say to keep it for a back up for when you will have to send the new one in for repair since you already have all the coils for it the Sidewinder.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread