sifter I made

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Casper was nice enough to give me some of the items nedded to get this thing started. I took what he gave me and went to the depot to pick up the remainder of items needed. This one measures about 4 feet square. There is NO metal at all on it, so I am able to run the detector over it or use a pinpointer...Items that I used were 3 inch PVC pipe along with 4 - 90 degree elbows. I used 1/2 an old wooden childs gate for strength on the bottom. Then used a vexar plastic screen with 1/4 inch holes to catch the small stuff. I zip tied it all around the edges, and also glued it together so it's water proof. NO xtra floatation needed with this puppy. As you can see with the rocks inside she is very strong and sterdy. There is about 30 lbs of rocks inside and still floating. No noodles needed. If you have any questions on how to make it. e - mail me. @ [email protected] I also put a short rope on it with a brass clip so it won't rust... The clip can also be used along with a 2 lb dive weight if you prefer not to tag it along with you.Thanks for looking. sifter 2.jpg sifter.jpg

Upvote 1

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that is a serious piece of equipment. Good job... Guess you use it mostly for river or fresh water lake hunting?

cfdfire

Feb 26, 2012
Jamestown
Detector(s) used
Fisher 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice..Excellent idea.The black zip ties are best because the u/v rays make other colors brittle over time.

Last edited:

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty neat.Thanks for sharing...............................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread