Sifting this week in calvert 8/02

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Got a few keepers this week, Thrillatahunt came agien (thanks agien rick) and we dug a pretty big area out. It was hot but we worked from 7 to 3:30 Got a silver washinton quarter, 1857 half dime, 1876 s dime (earlier this week) and a token with the name fred fearnot on one side his pic, and a name i cant read yet thats says -------- george and a pic , some clad, lots of marbals, 3 good cokacola bottles (houston,waco,cameron texas) with big letters on the bottom. I'v only seen them with small letters B-4, One spot was just to tough to dig so we had to pass it by.

Fred Fearnot was a dime store paperback in the early 1900's
Im trying to scan the coins but having a problem right now.

Attachments

• 100_0411.JPG
    100_0411.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 533
Upvote 0

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, we're a coupla crazy Texans all right...... It was about 100 degrees by noon.....by 3:30 I had consumed 3 -16 oz gatorades and 6 -12 oz. ice cold ozarkas .....well....one went on my head 8)

hardly wait till next time though!

Thanks Albert!!!!

RJ

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That place has had to of been a Blast TC.......Thank's for taking us through it and Congrat's,very Cool!!! :thumbsup:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shoot, I don't know how you all can stand this heat! :P GREAT that you two could get out and find the goodies, though! 8)

Congrats on those finds! Nana :)

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep hittin that place hard!!! :icon_pirat:

toolman61

May 31, 2008
Is this another store dig Texasconnection? It seems like that town has been really good to you!! Do you live there or nearby and the people are your neighbors? Small towns are so cool and the people are really friendly!! Have fun getting the goodies, Tom

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Surfin, ozarkas are a mix of cactus juice and tequila, (i put alittle lime in mine, and keep it in a gallon jug in the cooler.) Great way to bet the Texas heat.
Tool man, Yup its another store dig, Not near as generous as the last but were still getting a few oldies. i live close and have been getting a reputation as the local relic Hunter.

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Marbels are always fun to find we got a couple clay ones. I got a 42 quarter today and a silver nickle, some clad , moved about 8 ft.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread