Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
Now that's pretty slick. I'd go with it!!!!! ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be different and say I don't like it. Having pull tabs on the beach lets others disc. them out and that leaves more of the rings for us old guys that can't dig to many targets before getting Pooped. :D

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
I'll be different and say I don't like it. Having pull tabs on the beach lets others disc. them out and that leaves more of the rings for us old guys that can't dig to many targets before getting Pooped. :D

One old guy to another--that's OK. Are you detecting now. Snow is supposed to melt here Sat so I will try to get out.

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now we have to bribe the slobs to not litter.
Truth be known, I think the police should be allowed to beat the snot out of law breakers.

Harsh? well, we have tried most everything else.
I sometimes think that I pick up more trash then the guys that run around on those four-wheelers.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I use a Pulse on the beach and I would like to see beer bottle caps added to that sign. Bottlecaps are the scurge of a Pulse detector.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is supposed to be warmer here Monday and since all the snow won't be melted I will drop coins in the snow and play with finding them. The ground is as hard as a rock. When I started I took a brick layers hammer to chop into the frozen ground at a state park for pennies. I bent a couple too and had to wear safetyu glasses.

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter Hunting

Sandman said:
It is supposed to be warmer here Monday and since all the snow won't be melted I will drop coins in the snow and play with finding them. The ground is as hard as a rock. When I started I took a brick layers hammer to chop into the frozen ground at a state park for pennies. I bent a couple too and had to wear safetyu glasses.

I jam discrimination way up to coins only and find those on the surface when I pinpoint. It's limiting (no digging) but I have found several coins that way--under the snow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread