Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't make it a habit of posting here because most of the time I just have the normal finds, you know a few keepers.

This month is however is just crazy, I just keep getting silver without any junk.

I think the economic downturn has got people dumping silver everywhere.

I went back to the bank today and the teller told me that I had missed it by a day.

she said some old guy came in and dumped a bunch of old half's and she had to get the manager because they were so old and "Yuckey" .

500 of them and she said the manager called for them to be picked up yesterday.

I left feeling depressed without any coins and no plan.

I went into the grocery store to get some root beer to drown my sorrows and saw a mini branch of my bank.

I never have tried the groceries store branches but nothing ventured nothing gained.

I stood in line and when I got to the teller I told her some cockamaimie story that I needed some half's to put in a Pinata for the grandsons birthday and she was OH that's a great idea and went to look for some.

She came back with these and apologizing about them being old. none of them was older then 1968

I think I found a new source of coins. I am going to start checking those mini branches in stores.

Attachments

• CIMG0659.JPG
    CIMG0659.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 0

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I hate the friggin grocery store branches here, I never find nothin and have to stand in line for the privilege. Congrats to you, HH Mark

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have yet to tap grocery store or Wal-Mart branches, but I am keeping them in the back of my head.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread