Signal Hill near Denton, TX

Solar1953

Jul 2, 2013
Arlington, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone here ever actively searched around Signal Hill near Denton, TX.. It is a very prominent hill south of Denton alongside I-35. Sam Bass was reportedly supposed to have used a "cave" somewhere on the hill as a hide-out at one time. Could be something to this story as Sam Bass DID supposedly hang out west of Denton in a low-lying area. (its name escapes me).

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I am sure the area Bass and associates hid out has been thoroughly searched. I did a lot of research on
his gang in the 1970s since he was one outlaw who was briefly successful, the train robbery up north.
He was big on horse racing and probably lost many double eagles in that pursuit. He later tried a
train holdup at Eagle Ford west of Dallas that went wrong. So that tells me he squandered away most
of his loot. If any was left I suspect Frank Jackson took it with him to Arizona after Bass was killed
at Round Rock.

Jdubbya74

Jan 6, 2014
Denton County Tx
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that cave as a kid in cub scouts. We got to go up there and walk around the mountain. The cave entrance was caved in as I remember. Wish I could go up there now! He supposedly hid money near pilot point also. I live close to there so I'm looking at topos cause it seems like he liked big hills.

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That land is owned by one of Perot's development companies. I got a very apologetic 'no' from them in spite of offering liability releases and having a pretty healthy insurance policy. At least they were nice!

Radical.Rob

Feb 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That land is owned by one of Perot's development companies. I got a very apologetic 'no' from them in spite of offering liability releases and having a pretty healthy insurance policy. At least they were nice!

I honestly after hour of research do think its in Denton I just think everyone's lookin in the wrong spot. I really want to go to where I think it is. I did some research on the other stuff he stole in his life and their is another Sam bass treasure in san Antonio I'm pretty sure I found to. I just need time equipment and a little more research.

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What kind of equipment? A two box is probably all you'd need, if even that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread