Tony_agr

Jun 1, 2014
Placerville
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just bought a Fisher Gold bug.. I had been researching all of the different Prospecting detectors and decided on this.. it was relatively inexpensive and good for my area (so I've been told) due to the Ground Grab and my highly mineralized ground
My question is this.. what signal do I ignore? the first thing I did when I got it was check the signals on Iron,zinc, and other trash also checked with silver dime,Quarter,Half,and Morgan, also a 1/2 oz & 1oz gold coin and then my little bottle of gold.. I discriminated out up to 40.. and I will get this real slight signals up in the 50-90 range, my small bottle of flake,little(mini)pickers produce a similar tone. Do you dig these? I live in Placerville CA and the area I live in was/is very rich in mining history, lots of mines around me.. being a newbie to AU detecting this real lite signals take a good bit of time for me to find nothing..I do keep the dirt and classify and pan it later.. but for the time being, Dig or ignore? I use headphones so I pick up very slight variances in tone..
Love this board, Thanks
Tony

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did everything, including no signal where the threshold goes silent just a little bit.

Brother and I drywashing with our Keene 140s part-time

OP
OP
T

Tony_agr

Jun 1, 2014
Placerville
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
California Gold...Thank you.. your tips and instructions are much appreciated..

OP
OP
T

Tony_agr

Jun 1, 2014
Placerville
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I live in El Dorado County. In the same canyon as Gold Bug Park... Mines everywhere.. this area was probably right in the middle of the Placerville gold rush

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tony
Do you know of some good places to go down there? I can do some research and help you find more places to go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread