Signing off for a while - Ill check back next year.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Signing off for a while - I'll check back next year.

It has come to my attention (by reading between the lines) that my dissenting posts are making people uncomfortable out here. I can understand that and quite frankly, it isn't unexpected. I have not gotten a particularly warm welcome with many of my posts. At the same time, absolutely no one has been nasty or demeaning to me. I truly hope that you do not feel that I have been nasty or demeaning to you either. If that is the case then I sincerely apologize as it was not my intention.

I assure you that my intention was not to "troll" this board or stir up trouble. I am also quite aware of the bullish leanings of this forum. My assumption was that this forum was open to all views as long as those views were not destructive to the good nature of the board. I think that many of you have grown accustomed to the idea that this place was mostly a forum for bulls to give each other affirmations of their belief system. I have no problem with that. I had just hoped that perhaps a dissenting view would be accepted and potentially debated without making others uncomfortable. However, I can understand that when a forum has a majority opinion it is hard for people who hold a different opinion to fit in without making others feel like the forum is going downhill.

My views on silver and PM's have changed significantly over the past few years. Several years ago I bought into the silver mania "hook line and sinker". I gladly accepted claims like the "inflation adjusted silver price since 1980 should be $100+" and "all fiat currencies throughout history have failed" without giving them much thought. I mean, if these things are repeated over and over again by people who are supposedly "in the know" then how could they possibly be suspect? After a while I started doing a lot of reading about our banking system, gold/silver standards, inflation prices, and fiat currencies. I came to the conclusion that although a lot of what is being said by silver bulls is generally true, a significant amount of it is questionable in my mind. That doesn't mean that I am right. It just means that I have different views than many of you have.

After about a year of researching and deep thought about my silver beliefs, I came to the conclusion that my current success in the silver market was basically nothing but luck and timing. I decided that I really didn't know anything. Silver prices could go up and silver prices could go down and I wouldn't be able to guess which way they were going with any regularity. I didn't feel that I should be telling people NOT to invest in silver. But I also felt that it was good to give a fair and balanced view on the "silver facts". My goal was never to convince anyone that silver was going to go down. Instead, I simply wanted people who were 100% sure to take a step back and consider the possibility that they might be wrong. Considering that your belief system may not be 100% correct is always a difficult and uncomfortable thing to do. It is one of the reasons why so many people die in the same religion they are born into. I believe that being able to pick apart your own belief system regularly is very important. If you find that your beliefs are solid then no harm was done. But perhaps, like me, you will find that several of your beliefs are rooted on shaky ground. At that point you have a decision to make. Each of us has to deal with that situation in our own way. Some will continue with those same beliefs and others will change them. Neither method is right or wrong. Just different.

So I'm going to take a leave of absence. I might check back some time next year to see how things are going. Hopefully, we are all millionaires. I sincerely hope that I have not been responsible for any hard feelings.

Take care. :)

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please,
To give yourself that kind of imagined power on a public forum is quite amusing. This forum is open to "ALL" opinions that people may have, the only thing that people have asked you about
was what information you read to guide you down the path that you were preaching. The posts that I read was merely asking for documentation on items that you seemed to have
quoted or spoke about in your ramblings. Nobody in this forum acts the way you described, in fact everybody on this forum has been helpful with posting links, articles and visual aids
to support the conclusions they have made, you did not and was merely ask to support your stance with information.

Don't play the martyer, it isn't worth it. Participate in the forum if you choose, it is always a good idea to have two differnt views so people can understand easier and draw their own
conclusions.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasurePirate69, Your Posts & opinions on PM's were, are & will be welcome here !

Jeff

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TP69, I don't know you or anything, really. May or may not have read some of your posts.
For my .02 worths, hang around. Variety is the spice of life and illegitimus non carborundum.

I'll quote a famous doctor, who's words are wise;
"Be who you are and say what you feel, those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone's posts are welcome that are within the guidelines of our rules, if your being attacked in any way report it to the admins, we will sic Jeff_of_pa on them. LOL

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck where ever you go but you are still welcome here even thoe your views are different from mine but hey that's life. Also the word Troll has never been used as far as I'm aware on THIS site but on many others which I belong too.
I also thought I recognized similarities from your postings from SilverStackerHaven a forum I belong to but it may just be a coincidence.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone's posts are welcome that are within the guidelines of our rules, if your being attacked in any way report it to the admins, we will sic Jeff_of_pa on them. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread