Signs on rocks ancient? This is what i found!

llanolargo

Feb 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506101718.612663.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506101740.464073.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506101758.540207.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506101776.565683.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506101836.910951.jpg

I used some kind of marker to mark over the carvings so they could be more visible, what do you guys think? I will be returning here soon and just wanted some input on
What to look for, i have found larger rocks than this one within distance from this one, the carvings seem
To be more faded than this one, but they are surely there all
Over!

cj74

Sep 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What area? US, state? The spiral pattern sometimes represents or has been interpreted as a spiritual symbol, unity, water and earth or of the sun. The inverted triangle, although it's hard to see may be a Wigwam symbol. Sometimes in some cultures though the upside down triangle refers to water flowing downward, the grace of heaven, and the womb. Also it can be a symbol for female divinity, representing the female (area) of a goddess.

OP
OP
L

llanolargo

Feb 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is south of the border, in Mexico! ,, very interesting input! I wonder who did this or what meanings all
This symbols have!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful place,i don`t know what the carvings mean out side of spiral might mean universe.
The one rock with the spiral looks to be broken off another piece is the other piece around ?

cj74

Sep 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, when I looked at them again (I wish they were in one piece) the spirals (if connected somehow, literally) represents some sort of calendar or season change, i.e. a winter solstice possibly. They are very interesting! If you ever get back there, try (carefully) pouring water on the symbols and retaking some photos, or contact someone possibly from a local museum even. I would need more specific details on the location to maybe discern if they are Aztecs, Olmecs or Mayan. Or quite possibly they are Huichol, Yaqui or Mayo Indians.

OP
OP
L

llanolargo

Feb 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes its broken off, i will
Try to put it back in place, i wonder if the whole rock was made of multiple rocks or if it cracked like that?

OP
OP
L

llanolargo

Feb 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will
Try the water idea, yes some were connected ! I assume someone thought there was treasure below or within
And tried to break them apart!

OP
OP
L

llanolargo

Feb 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506182809.193147.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506182828.816900.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506182845.100009.jpg

This are from another location probably 3-5 miles apart , i noticed they share the spirals, must had been the same people, and this is in central mexico near guadalajara, somi wonder what civilization or age of them could
Be

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Google cup marked rocks.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Second set of carvings snake with an egg in it`s mouth...Serpent Mound in Ohio has snake with egg in it`s mouth.
You are in a very cool area...i`m no help ,,,but we have some very good folks here that can help.
Gary

cj74

Sep 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll do some more looking but the area you mentioned sounds as if they may be from the Cocas people but that would just be an educated guess on simply the rough location so I can not say for certain.

The Ojibway people (mostly of the Mi, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and North Dakota areas) used the snake with the line above it along with the circle as a marker meaning - bad spring under the earth.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

llanolargo

Feb 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google cup marked rocks.

I just did and its so interesting that this kind of art was all
Over the world! It seems
It could have religious meaning, burial site possibly! I am eager to return and see what else i can come across! What should i look
For?

OP
OP
L

llanolargo

Feb 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll do some more looking but the area you mentioned sounds as if they may be from the Cocas people but that would just be an educated guess on simply the rough location so I can not say for certain.

The Ojibway people (mostly of the Mi, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and North Dakota areas) used the snake with the line above it along with the circle as a marker meaning - bad spring under the earth.

Yeah possibly, i am in central mexico so no
Idea, i would have to
Research on them, there is a river near by within hudred feet and it has some rock
Bed with carved holes as well! I will
Take pictures next trip!

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know, I would look more at how the boulders might be arranged and shaped relative to each other, rather than the markings on them from some ancient culture.

cj74

Sep 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Follow this.... Petroglyphs: Art or Writing?

LaVan Martineau was a pioneer in ancient glyphs. Unfortunately we lost him some seventeen or eighteen years ago, he still did what most scholars and academics couldn't do. I would bet that in that article/paper you can find what you are looking for.

OP
OP
L

llanolargo

Feb 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, I would look more at how the boulders might be arranged and shaped relative to each other, rather than the markings on them from some ancient culture.

Yeah there are other big rocks and stuff to identify! The rocks that have all
This markings are on the higher part of the area, almost to say the highest point! The river is more below descending at a lower elevation

OP
OP
L

llanolargo

Feb 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Follow this.... Petroglyphs: Art or Writing?

LaVan Martineau was a pioneer in ancient glyphs. Unfortunately we lost him some seventeen or eighteen years ago, he still did what most scholars and academics couldn't do. I would bet that in that article/paper you can find what you are looking for.

I will
Look over the article and see what i can learn! I will
Also update with new pics when the time comes! Thanks alot guys

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread