Signs on rocks ancient? This is what i found!

OP
OP
L

llanolargo

Feb 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem! Thanks! And i certainly apprecite everyones cooperation! I need all of you alls help!

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1496908 View attachment 1496909 View attachment 1496910 View attachment 1496911 View attachment 1496912

I used some kind of marker to mark over the carvings so they could be more visible, what do you guys think? I will be returning here soon and just wanted some input on
What to look for, i have found larger rocks than this one within distance from this one, the carvings seem
To be more faded than this one, but they are surely there all
Over!

These are Tecoxquine petroglyphs, not treasure markers.

The Tecoxquines (Aztec Group) are a little known culture from the early 1500's, found in the states of Jalisco and Nayarit, Mexico. They left prolific rock art and petroglyphs. You can Google Jalisco rock art an see many examples online.

download.jpg

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
How far are they apart / compass degrees, how high are they MM or inches will tell you how a lot, previous post will tell you a lot also, some may be of a different culture. Especially the triangle with eyes and a flat side may indicate Royal Trail someone may have thought hey this would be good place to mess things up. I would try to follow this direction and see what comes of it, Flat side of the boulder would be my guess on a direction indicator, compass is a must, measure the bolder at the ground to the top will let you know if its measured by 33 inch / 66 inch pace. That's just my guess.

Last edited:

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tecoxquines petroglyphs video. Spiral is common throughout Central, South, and North America. Some look Boca Negra in NM. Like OP said above, Ojibwa did it, Huron did it, Shawnee, Adena, etc.. Cass City Petroglyphs in Cass City Michigan had some awesome ones till someone took a sledge to em. Some of the theory to the Spiral ones like fella said on the first page dealt with the Universe or Spiral of life, also it can be associated to ingestion of psychotropic plants. Nicotina Rustica had high concentrations of Alkaloids that could cause things, also they have found a variety of psychotropic plants in close associations to petroglyphs. Water sources like was said a few times usually mean a spring or a water hole, especially in the arid/hot climates. Awesome finds!

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is south of the border, in Mexico! ,, very interesting input! I wonder who did this or what meanings all
This symbols have!

View attachment 1497190 View attachment 1497191 View attachment 1497192

This are from another location probably 3-5 miles apart , i noticed they share the spirals, must had been the same people, and this is in central mexico near guadalajara, somi wonder what civilization or age of them could
Be

Yeah possibly, i am in central mexico so no
Idea, i would have to
Research on them, there is a river near by within hudred feet and it has some rock
Bed with carved holes as well! I will
Take pictures next trip!

Tecoxquines petroglyphs video. Spiral is common throughout Central, South, and North America. Some look Boca Negra in NM. Like OP said above, Ojibwa did it, Huron did it, Shawnee, Adena, etc.. Cass City Petroglyphs in Cass City Michigan had some awesome ones till someone took a sledge to em. Some of the theory to the Spiral ones like fella said on the first page dealt with the Universe or Spiral of life, also it can be associated to ingestion of psychotropic plants. Nicotina Rustica had high concentrations of Alkaloids that could cause things, also they have found a variety of psychotropic plants in close associations to petroglyphs. Water sources like was said a few times usually mean a spring or a water hole, especially in the arid/hot climates. Awesome finds!

Great video, PA, these were easily identified by the location found. :icon_thumright:

The spiral seems to be a key symbol in many cultures, and not just on this continent. Some beautiful examples in Celtic and Australian Aborigine cultures as well. Thank you for the excellent post!

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2153066deedcb966d8405dd33da19ba6--stone-rings-rock-art.jpg

Celtic Triskele (Triple Spiral) Stone Carving

589412952d9771f6993905ad8acf4ffb--aboriginal-symbols-aboriginal-kunst.jpg

Australian Aboriginal churinga stone

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Great video, PA, these were easily identified by the location found. :icon_thumright:

The spiral seems to be a key symbol in many cultures, and not just on this continent. Some beautiful examples in Celtic and Australian Aborigine cultures as well. Thank you for the excellent post!

Nice carvings. There are many interpretations for the spiral petroglyph. LeVan Martineau identified them with water sources. The Hopi say they represent migrations. Others associate them with historic celestial events. And on and on. I guess we don't know what their creators had in mind when they created them and other petroglyphs, but we've got plenty of speculations. I had a memorable acquaintance tell me once that 16th European treasure hunters carved them to mark important sites - the meaning allegedly being, "all the stars in heaven". Who knows?

I'm possibly even more interested in concentric circle carvings, especially the extremely weathered ones that seem to be very old compared to the "Indian" petroglyphs nearby - often so subtle that I'll bet not one in a thousand who marvel at the "Indian" stuff ever notice them. This first cluster reminds me of your Celtic theme.
Four circles.JPG

This is extremely weathered.
Circles 1-1.JPG

Last edited:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice carvings. There are many interpretations for the spiral petroglyph. LeVan Martineau identified them with water sources. The Hopi say they represent migrations. Others associate them with historic celestial events. And on and on. I guess we don't know what their creators had in mind when they created them and other petroglyphs, but we've got plenty of speculations. I had a memorable acquaintance tell me once that 16th European treasure hunters carved them to mark important sites - the meaning allegedly being, "all the stars in heaven". Who knows?

I'm possibly even more interested in concentric circle carvings, especially the extremely weathered ones that seem to be very old compared to the "Indian" petroglyphs nearby - often so subtle that I'll bet not one in a thousand who marvel at the "Indian" stuff ever notice them. This first cluster reminds me of your Celtic theme.
View attachment 1498910

This is extremely weathered.
View attachment 1498909

Very nice! And very true, that. Sometimes you have to peel back the layers, to recognize the language...and reveal the dialect. :notworthy:

OP
OP
L

llanolargo

Feb 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome information! I will
Be visiting soon and more pics to come!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread