Silly Grandma, Banks are for Kids...

timmune

Jul 12, 2014
Seattle Area - Eastside
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been visiting friends & family in California for the last two weeks. I'm sitting with my grandma doing a jigsaw puzzle when I ask her about the large basket filled with coin rolls that's in the sitting room.

"Oh I've been wrapping my coins and putting them there for a while now and keep meaning to take them to the bank but it's gotten so heavy over the years that now I keep putting it off."

"How long you since you've taken coins to the bank grandma?"

"Oh I don't know maybe 10 or 15 years."

"Grandma, I will be happy to take those to the bank for you."

Now my check in suitcase weighs about 35 lbs heavier and I can't wait to get home and see what grandma's been stashing in these rolls.

Upvote 0

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
this might be where you find she is really a roll hunter herself and has found a really sneaky way to get others to dump her coins for her (-:

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this might be where you find she is really a roll hunter herself and has found a really sneaky way to get others to dump her coins for her (-:

Bwahahahahahahahaha

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
timmune

timmune

Jul 12, 2014
Seattle Area - Eastside
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LMAO.. "WTF gramma you just drop a bunch of skunk rolls on me?!"

I'll be sure to post a log when I tackle them next week!

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it were my grandmother I'd gone though them with her, pointing out anything of value instead lying and swindling her. Be sure to let us know how much silver (if any) you screwed grandma out of.

OP
OP
timmune

timmune

Jul 12, 2014
Seattle Area - Eastside
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it were my grandmother I'd gone though them with her, pointing out anything of value instead lying and swindling her. Be sure to let us know how much silver (if any) you screwed grandma out of.

Lol, seriously? I'm guessing your not being serious, but just in case...

My grandma is 90 yrs old, and my handing her cash for her coin rolls saves her a trip to the bank carrying 35 lbs in change--she weighs 97 pounds. Hardly what I call swindling.

I also told her exactly what I plan to do with them so I don't really consider that lying :p

I'll def post log in the next week with finds!

Molon Labe

Feb 4, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see the problem here. She was going to take them to the bank anyway and if the OP told her what he was going to do with the coins and she let the OP take them, then have a great time searching the coins!

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I mean what would 99.9% of the population do. I'd guess one of two things. 1) i they were able to, they'd take the coins to the bank for grandma to get her cash or make a deposit or 2) they would say "I'm only here for a short time to visit, someone can worry about the change later. Let's spend the time together instead of wasting it at the bank".

This seems like a win all around. She gets the money without him being off doing errands. I he finds a silver dime or two, I don't think she will care (he told her it was his plan). If he hits the mother load (grandmother load?), he can do whatever he feels appropriate at that time. He went to visit her, by plane, so obviously he cares enough to spend money to visit. I don't think we should assume there is any malicious intent.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I'm guessing Grandma was glad to give you a gift like that. Good for her and hope you find something nice in there. It doesn't always work out that way in life.

Maine_Jim

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Business is business - if it were my grandma I would have said "I know there is $100 in change here but I'll give you $75 cash money right now - or prehaps you would like to lug all this heavy and dirty change to the bank and waste your gas and time."

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Business is business - if it were my grandma I would have said "I know there is $100 in change here but I'll give you $75 cash money right now - or prehaps you would like to lug all this heavy and dirty change to the bank and waste your gas and time."

And if you were my grandson I would spank your behind, do your grammie like that:laughing7:

OP
OP
timmune

timmune

Jul 12, 2014
Seattle Area - Eastside
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LMAO. We'll said we'll said!

I will say this... I've already peaked at 5 penny rolls and found 8 wheats and I'd guess about 60% of the rolls are at least pre-1982.

Can't wait to dig into the other rolls for silver!

Will45

Sep 1, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
please update us on the silver

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's remember to post by our rules....NO INSULTS!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread