Silver 1 oz. bars

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check you local coin stores for prices on silver bullion rounds and bars. They are often the same price as the major sellers, and if you offer them cash many will "discount" the taxes.

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Jason in Enid said:
Check you local coin stores for prices on silver bullion rounds and bars. They are often the same price as the major sellers, and if you offer them cash many will "discount" the taxes.

Thanks!

HCA1961

Feb 1, 2010
Pikeville, KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F-Point pinpointer, Gray Ghost ears
Check the APMEX store on E-Bay. Same prices, but cheaper shipping on smaller quantities.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joseph, in the Houston area, check out Jim at The Coin Shop in old town Spring!

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Metal Detecting Stuff said:
Joseph, in the Houston area, check out Jim at The Coin Shop in old town Spring!

I never heard of it but I'll check it out! I ususally go to Royal Coin for a LCS. Thanks!

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I purchase from "all-about-gold" and "tricounty2001" both 100 percent ebay dealers and NEVER had a problem. I also purchase from local shops in my area.

NjStacker22

Dec 9, 2012
NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picking up from a local coin shop, most of the time is ALWAYS the cheapest way to go (and you don't have to wait for your purchase). Apmex is a good site but like you said, shipping is pretty ridiculous and it can really kill a good deal unless you are buying serious weight. Here are a few that I really like.

Provident Metals - good prices (better than apmex) and cheap shipping. They hold a wide variety.
GeatSouthernCoins.com - decent prices, FREE shipping on orders over $100 I believe. Not the best selection.
ScottsdaleSilver.com - Private mint, sells bars, rounds, fractionals, etc. Free shipping on orders over $500 and for a high quality mint, premiums are not bad.

Good luck!

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Silvertowne is the BEST from all my research

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silvertowne.com is without one of the best around,Get the rep. buffalo bars for a few bucks over spot with free shipping,basically that boils down to silver at spot price with a few bucks shipping tagged to the final cost.

HH John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread