coin 001.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 288
  • coin 004.jpg
    coin 004.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0
C

coinshot

that probe thing is a tool that electricians use to check if an outlet is hot....cant make out the end but I am sure that is it. you stick the probe end into the outlet and it makes a loud sound through that speaker on the end if there is any electricity at that outlet.

cool too....they are usually kindof expensive tools.

I work for sutherlands lumber and we sell them there.

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
buudman
It's actually used with another piece of equipment called a tone generator. You have a bundle of wires - hook the tone generator to one of the wires then go to the other end of the bundle and when you touch the probe to that wire it makes a tone -identifying the wire.
Hope that makes sense.
HH
Baddog1

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
Baddog is right. I use mine all the time working in cable TV. We refer to the pair as a "TONER"

db

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2004
Maryland
Does it work? If it does:

While someone is on the phone, go out to the phone box on the side of the house and hold it next to where the jack comes in (if you have one of the plastic boxes), or anywhere else along the phone wiring for that matter. Cool, huh?

DB

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
wheats....wheats...my precious....wheats! Nice finds. good luck on your next hunt.

luvmydfx

Mar 21, 2005
Hey guys, I know what that probe is. I have and use one in my job. It is to test wiring runs network rj-45 cable or phone cable after it has been run. It is used to find the other end of the cable. It has another piece that plugs into the wall jack or clips onto the wire on one end of the runl, and then you probe the wires on the other end of the run untill you get tone, and it lets you know that it is the wire you are looking for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread