Silver #5 and a bunch of other cool stuff!!

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Hi everyone. All this stuff was found yesterday, I was just too tired to post last night after eating dinner and cleaning my finds. Started yesterday by hitting a small tot lot near my place. Found a few bucks in clad, then headed to a large park a little further from me homestead. Tot lot here was a disappointment, yielding less than a buck in clad. Wandered through the park over to the back part near the river, and just started swinging. About half an hour in, I hit pay dirt!! Found silver #5 for this year, a worn (but still nice) '46D Roosie, only about 1 1/2 inches down!! After some other cool finds, I headed over to the park where pocket spill and I hunted all day Saturday. PS found some wheats and a few indians, all I got was the usual clad, and a Webster corporation tool of some sort (I'm posting this one in the what is it section along with the 2 good luck tokens I found). All in all, a good day. I'm @ home today doing chores/household stuff, but might be able to get out later (I hope). Totals for Monday: '46D Roosie, Hot Wheels car, Matchbox car (from 1978!!), 2 dog tags (1990 and 2008), Webster corp. tool thingy (screwdriver tool maybe??), 2 good luck tokens ('scuze the Lesche owie on one of 'em, my bad :tongue3:), and $5.13 in clad (11 quarters, 21 dimes, 2 clad Jefferson nickels, and 18 memorial pennies (16 copper and 2 zinc)). Pics below. Enjoy!! :)

Attachments

• Picture 62.jpg
    Picture 62.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Picture 63.jpg
    Picture 63.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Picture 64.jpg
    Picture 64.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 65.jpg
    Picture 65.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Picture 66.jpg
    Picture 66.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 67.jpg
    Picture 67.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 68.jpg
    Picture 68.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 107
OP
OP
C

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
UPDATE: I found out that the metal disk is a 45 record adapter, invented by Frank A. Jansen. The patent for this item was applied for in 1949, and issued in 1952. It was marketed by the Webster-Chicago Corporation (makers of various types of audio equipment). Here's a link for more info. http://arcmusic.wordpress.com/2008/03/20/the-45-adaptor/ I'm still trying to find a date/info for the 2 good luck tokens.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Congrats on #5, you are becoming a pro with that ACE, you really want to spend that much on an E-trac? :laughing9:

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Great finds Paul. Congrats on your 5th silver! You are starting to find the shiny ones! Great hunting with you again!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
WTG!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You know, some of the old guys around here might remember those solid Webster record adapters. Me? I just remember the plastic ones that we called spiders...

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunting bud, man by now you should have enough clad to buy atleast 1oz silver bar or round (the upside to finding clad)!!!! :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread