Silver #74!

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was supposed to rain all day but it hadn't yet at 11am :icon_scratch: so I decided to head out for some hunting. Went to the first location and was not having much luck the first hour then I finally got a 1919 Wheatie at 6 inches. :hello2: Then I got a solid 12-47 at about 9 inches and was sure I had a silver quarter. What I got instead is a crude looking copper ring at 10 inches. :BangHead: It does look very, very old. After another hour of just an occasional clad and a lot of garbage :tongue3: I decided to change locations. Went to a familiar area where I have found silver before and was hoping to find more. After a few clad I got a 12-42 by the road and it was a 1936 Wheatie. :hello2: Then finally I got a screaming 12-45 at 6 inches and silver was in sight. It was a 1919 Merc and probably the most worn Merc I have ever seen. But it is still a silver coin and it is #74 for 2012! :headbang: Also ended up with 23 clad coins for $1.37. Happy hunting to all! :occasion14:

Last edited:

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
way to go fred only 26 to go you will be there in no time congrats on #74 DENNIS

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread