Silver and Copper hunt!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, my partner and I went hunting for places to hunt yesterday and I think we hit the jackpot.

We found this place and got permission from the owner to hunt the site and What a Site it is!!!

Yesterday and today I found Six Washington quarters, 1944, 1948,1953, 1953, 1957 D, 1957 D,
6 Mercury dimes 1917, 1919, 1941, 1943, 1945 D, and 1945, 7 Roosevelt's 1946, 1948,
1952 D, 1952, 1952, and 1953 D, 2 1943 P War nickels and 3 Buffalo nickels 1936, 19?, 19?. I also found 57 Wheat pennies and lots of clad coins.

My parter did very well also, finding 5 silver quarters including 1 barber quarter dated 1900. I don't have the dates of his other coins. I do know he found 4 buffalo nickles and just as many silver dimes.

Wow, what a great two days. Not sure if we can bend over for a day or two haha. We can't wait to return to this site.

HH, all and hope your weekend of detecting is great also. Ringfinder

P.S. My partner and I just retired in July and it really is hard to tell what day it is anymore. Man I love this hobby.

Attachments

• Great silver finds the tenth of nov.jpg
    Great silver finds the tenth of nov.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 781
  • buffalo\'s and war nickerls.jpg
    buffalo\'s and war nickerls.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 786
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollowpointred said:
jackpot is right!! thats what you should call it "the jackpot!" great stuff!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm Jackpot, that's a great name for our site, might just do that, call it our jackpot site. Thanks hollowpointed.

By the way, my partner and I both use the ACE 250 with a SunRay Probe. For an inexpensive detector this little machine will out do many of the high priced machines.

HH, Ringfinder

D

doyboy

Nice finds! The Ace 250 is a good machine, but you have hit virgin area. I think anyone and their grandmama's mama could find those coins if put in the right area. The only question to answer is, how does the Ace do in trashy areas? I used to own one and I got very frustrated while working trashy areas.

I have been hitting parks this year and with my White's XL-Pro I have pulled out 15 IHs, 2 Vs, 3 Buffs, 1 Merc., 1875-S Seated dime, 1853 3-cent silver piece, and 14 Wheaties. All of these coins were in trashy areas and I don't think anyone with an Ace 250 would analyze those signals as "decent" ones. The block on the meter would just "spaz" out - back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

HH!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, heck doboy, you can't compare an ACE with a Minelab. Two different worlds. My ACE works great in trashy areas with the small coil attached. But it won't out do my GTI 2500 either.

Let's hear it for retirees! I'm the same way about what day it is. I never know the date unless I look at a calendar and if I make an appointment I'm sunk unless I double check with a calendar or ask my wife! She knows everything, just ask her! :D No, just kidding she's great about keeping me on schedule.

Just goes to show guys, if you go "prospecting" for good places to hunt you are bound to find one ever now and then. They're never hunted out either. Excellent! Monty

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
doyboy said:
Nice finds! The Ace 250 is a good machine, but you have hit virgin area. I think anyone and their grandmama's mama could find those coins if put in the right area. The only question to answer is, how does the Ace do in trashy areas? I used to own one and I got very frustrated while working trashy areas.

I have been hitting parks this year and with my White's XL-Pro I have pulled out 15 IHs, 2 Vs, 3 Buffs, 1 Merc., 1875-S Seated dime, 1853 3-cent silver piece, and 14 Wheaties. All of these coins were in trashy areas and I don't think anyone with an Ace 250 would analyze those signals as "decent" ones. The block on the meter would just "spaz" out - back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

HH!

Well OK, you might have a point sort of! I too have over 60 IH's, 15 V's, I don't know how many Buffs, I couldn't tell you how many mercs I have and rosy's. Seated Quarters I think I have two for the year, I also found a 1853 3 cent silver piece, a Silver plated War of 1812 Officers button, a Six pound cannon ball found at over 12" in the ground, man I could write a book on what I've found this year.

I have found coins and token's in trashy area's and virgin area's. I'm so sorry you haven't found your virgin area. All I can say is keep trying. I've dumped my trash barrel four times this year. So all my finds aren't great, but they just keep coming.

I also have a Whites XLT, A Minelab Sovereign, A Detector Pro, A Fisher 1235, and a Tesoro Tiger Shark, Plus the best of all, an ACE 250. I still use the others, but as I am getting older, the ACE is so much lighter and easy to use.

Well I hope you find lots of goodies with your Whites, but I guess I'll just keep plugging along with my lowly ACE 250. By the way, yes the ACE does jump back and forth, in between quarter and Half Dollar, but I always know that it's a quarter or a half dollar. I always like to see that. ha ha

HH, Ringfinder

P.S. You might look at my post today Happy Trails 11/15/06

P.S. P.S. I don't hit a lot of parks, but then I guess that's all you have up your way. I like to relic hunt and hit the old sites in fields. Might do some research and maybe you'll find your Field of Dreams.

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Ring finder I have a list of Top end detectors. What do I take hunting 85% of the time? You got it my ACE 250.
Is it the best detector for every situation probably not. Do I find as much stuff with it as with my DFX Minelab and
Troy Shadow you bet I do. It is a great machine I have tried most of them and for the money YOU CAN NOT BUY
A BETTER DETECTOR. Awesome finds keep it up. What I meant to say was the 250 is a piece of junk you could not find a beer
can with it at 2 inches. Do not buy one and use it where I detect go get something else. ;D ;D ;D

250 with Camo. Yellow was a little to much for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1675.JPG
    IMG_1675.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1676.JPG
    IMG_1676.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 263
OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
swingingmydfx said:
Ring finder I have a list of Top end detectors. What do I take hunting 85% of the time? You got it my ACE 250.
Is it the best detector for every situation probably not. Do I find as much stuff with it as with my DFX Minelab and
Troy Shadow you bet I do. It is a great machine I have tried most of them and for the money YOU CAN NOT BUY
A BETTER DETECTOR. Awesome finds keep it up. What I meant to say was the 250 is a piece of junk you could not find a beer
can with it at 2 inches. Do not buy one and use it where I detect go get something else. ;D ;D ;D

Good point, I hope no one buys the ACE, hope they just keep buying those heavy $1200 machines. I like the way you camouflaged your detector. Mine sort of looks like that today with all the mud on it.

Thanks for your reply, HH, Ringfinder

D

doyboy

Here are Money Mafia's finds for the year:

RP aka Paco - 6 Large cents, 1842 Seated dollar, 1857 half dime, and a shitload of other silver coins.

Blitz aka Silver Zeus - 1878 quarter, 1854 3-center, 1891-O Morgan, 3 Colonials, $1,000 gold ring, 2 Barber quarters, 1778 Half-Reale

Zoyboy - 2 Colonial coppers, 1818 Large cent, 1901 quarter, and a shitload of other silver and old coins.

Doyboy aka Doy Doy - 3 Seated dimes,1 3-center, 3 Colonials, 47 injuns, and a shitload of other special coins.

Ringfinder, we have found our sites. But, hey, buddy, I'll give you a "holler" when Zoy's research project in the working blows away "Zoypy Trails."
hint: old tavern site (1800-1850).

Rosies, Mercs, and Wheats won't be found here!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, if I camoed mine I'd probably lay it down and lose it some place. Then I'd have to buy another to go find it! Monty

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
geez, you guys are cleaning up...
and i thought i did good this week!
steve

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
swingingmydfx said:

Is that just camo tape? looks great!

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Doyster, you forgot about RP's 1778 one reale. Oh, by the way, Blitz's half reale is dated 1777, not 1778.

Sevster, you didn't mention that one of my research sites yielded 4 colonial coppers in two weeks, meaning that we have found our "virgin" sites.

D

doyboy

Zoy Zoy, oh, we forgot to tell Zoyfinder about our grove research. We will show that zoyboy what research is all about! "Rosies, Mercs, and Wheats; Rosies, Mercs, and Wheats!" Zooooooooy

The Gemologist

Sep 8, 2006
Seattle, WA
One question i didn't read or missed, what type of site was this virgin in, was it a park, playfield, old house, store, rodeo parking lot. I must have missed it with all the talk about different MD

Let us know what type of site,

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the replies and I hope this isn't going to be a metal detector war. I really just like to detect and really don't want to get into a war of words.

Hope all of you find your field of dreams, where ever it is. Also hope that the detector your using is working great for you. I like the one I'm using and if you like the one your using that's great also.

Hope all of you keep us posted, with pictures of all your finds.

The place my partner and I are hunting is an old site. The farmer we got permission from asked us
not to tell anyone else about it. He doesn't want a couple hundred people invading his property.

Happy Hunting all, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions