Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a joke or no?

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You get what you pay for and by that I mean your poverty level sorters who won't give a rats hind end about your letter.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Since he put GW instead of the full name, I think he is trying to give an example when we put full stores names. I know for a fact that GW employees do searches for stuff they don’t know the value of...it would be easy for them to come across these posts and then simply learn ALL of our secrets!

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks for listing GW in your listings. Looks like I will have to get on to my GW employees for not catching the good stuff. If you had not used the word GW I would not have not known the sorters are getting lazy again. I will be putting out a GW letter to make sure the good stuff is not put out on the shelves.

Awesome?

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sincerely apologize for putting "the name" in my last post, I had no clue. I hardly ever post anyway. Thanks for setting me straight. Please don't take away the good stuff, I will be good from now on.

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
Thanks for listing GW in your listings. Looks like I will have to get on to my GW employees for not catching the good stuff. If you had not used the word GW I would not have not known the sorters are getting lazy again. I will be putting out a GW letter to make sure the good stuff is not put out on the shelves.

It’s kinda like how people make YouTube videos giving away all the secrets of how to make money at thrift stores or how to get free silver at the banks.
Do they not realize they are motivating people to do what they do. Making it almost impossible to be successful at what they had been successful at before they made a YouTube video.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
I am the CEO, CFO and President for Life of G--D W--L Stores. You unwashed masses are too stupid to every figure out my secret code, but I will let you know this - We have stockpiled from donations more diamonds than DeBeers, more gold than Fort Knox, more silver than the Atocha and more precious art than the Vatican. You will never be given an opportunity to buy any of it! Ever! It funds out lavish lifestyle and is just compensation for overseeing our masses of less than minimal wages paid slaves (I mean "employees"). Stop your belly-aching and go out and purchase our dirty t-shirts, broken glassware, miss-matched shoes and collectible Beany Babies. If you are nice, and stop your libilous slanders, we may let you purchase a Commerative State Quarter for $9.95 + tax, half-off on Wednesday. Do not try to find me, for I live in Spain.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t buy into the idea that there is some secret knowledge that prevents people from buying treasures at garage sales / thrift shops. Most people have zero interest in it. People who choose to learn about it because they want to do it as a hobby / business are going to find out what they need to know - the internet can answer almost any question - it democratizes knowledge and nobody is putting the cork back in that bottle. On the whole, I think the ability to research things online far outweighs any danger from letting other people learn.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
'Industries', not 'Stores' :laughing7:

Your insolence has incurred our corporate wrath. Your Senior Discount is hereby revoked and there will be no Half-Off Wednesday with Coupon for you. You will be lucky if we ever again allow you to pay full price for our particle board analog televisions and broken toasters. Forget having any of our Made in China china every gracing your dining room table. A pox upon you and your 1%ers friends!

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is rich guys! LOL. I've never found anything good at GW . I have gone for years, looked in and under everything and even the crappiest of precious metals carries a huge price tag. Your peasant sorter slaves are amazing at marking junk to unprecedented cost levels. I commend you.

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have checked 5 GWs in my area and have not seen the first piece of jewelry of any kind. Nun, nada, zip.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your insolence has incurred our corporate wrath. Your Senior Discount is hereby revoked and there will be no Half-Off Wednesday with Coupon for you. You will be lucky if we ever again allow you to pay full price for our particle board analog televisions and broken toasters. Forget having any of our Made in China china every gracing your dining room table. A pox upon you and your 1%ers friends!

:laughing7:

Senior discount? Never knew about that! I'm heading to my WoodGill store immediately after work and plan to raise Cain! I figure they owe me a spit-ton of free silverplate, starving artists works and broken Sauder furniture for failing to give me the old farts discounts!

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I have checked 5 GWs in my area and have not seen the first piece of jewelry of any kind. Nun, nada, zip.

While they still send GREAT stuff to corporate for online sales and God knows where else...my local GW s still do jars. Picked up a $24.99 jar earlier today because it had this beauty in it...10g. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534902571.396968.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our GW’s are garbage. I havent shopped at them for years. No jewelry, broken or parts missing toys, nasty clothes. Ill go to st Mathews house or a mom and pop shop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread