Silver and Gold to close out the year

wilkere

Sep 11, 2007
Jacksonville N.C.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Silver Sabre
Got a half day off from work due to xmas weekend. So I checked the tide table and saw that it was going to be way out. The beach here at Camp Lejeune is long and wide and finds can be scarce due to the ocean claiming most of the good stuff and keeping it out of reach.

Hitting the beach around noon chow had another guy working the prime crowd spot, but the water was way out and there was some massive beach erosion with a nice easy cut to work. It was a good day with lots of change when suddenly there was this 1943 half in my hand. WTF? In nice shape too! It must have been just released from it's slumber due to the erosion.

DSC00114.JPG
A newbie showed up carrying two brand new White's for him and the wife. Me.. I'm a Excaliber man! He just started the hobby so after a few minutes of briefing him on the lay of the beach and getting him motivated by showing the half he headed down the beach. I worked for another 30 minutes or so and pulled this nice Gold wedding band so I had my quota and didn't want to be greedy.

DSC00115.JPG
I went over and saw how he was doing (6 cents) and pointed him in the other direction and to work lower and called it a year!

Merry Christmas
Bobhttp://www.okinawarelics.com

Upvote 0

stilldiggin65

Nov 21, 2009
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Find !! I cant wait to get back in the water .

OP
OP
wilkere

wilkere

Sep 11, 2007
Jacksonville N.C.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Silver Sabre
Thanks fellas, I may try again today with the kids but it's cold today. I'll see how it goes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread