silver and Gold

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
went to several banks got $100. in cwr skunk. dump. did the same thing a second time , another skunk. dump. one last bank and I was out of time. this little bank has produced before so I was hoping. I had surgery on my left eye a few weeks ago so it wasn't to clear but as the next teller over one cage was gathering up her $7.00 I saw clear edges I got my hopes up even more for a 64 or two. but as she counts them out she said these are Gold. so much for high hopes. Turned out I got a 1967 and the first gold plated one was 2009 the second plated was 1968.

Silver and gold plated silver who would have guessed. it is still out there hh.

I forgot to ask my question. Has anyone else found gold plated 40% or 90% ? I have found plated before, but not silver.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a gold-plated 90%er. Just too cute and unnecessary!

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
I have found gold plated CuNi half dollars and nickels, but no gold plated silver coins

I found one real gold coin
1909 2.5 dollar indian

Plug

Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found gold plated CuNi half dollars and nickels, but no gold plated silver coins

I found one real gold coin
1909 2.5 dollar indian

MIhunter, were you searching nickel rolls when you found that 2.5 indian gold coin?

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
I found the gold coin in a bank's coin counter reject tray. It has the same diameter as a dime, so if one find a quarter eagle in a roll it would probably be a dime roll. The half eagle has the same diameter as a nickel and an eagle has the same diameter as a presidential dollar.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
somebody on here had a gold plated 1964 kennedy ender a few years back if i recall correctly, but they do not show up often!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread