Silver and Obama's

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up three boxes of halves yesterday and scored 26-40%ers , 1-90%er and 4 Obama's. The boxes have been really good lately . ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494078988.751255.jpg

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a serious note, when these decals or paint are put on these coins, contrary to the shop at home folks, the coins lose numismatic value.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My apologies Treasure Hunter.

No apologies needed Danny, just trying to enforce our rules and keep the political comments out of all forums other than our politics forum. It only takes a few political comments to escalate to a full blown war of wars.

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a serious note, when these decals or paint are put on these coins, contrary to the shop at home folks, the coins lose numismatic value.

What numismatic value?

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What numismatic value?
Numismatic in its definition is the study of coins, a numismatist is basically a coin collector. They may collect by series, type, mintmark, key dates in a series or whatever.

Coins are graded by condition. As condition goes up so does value. It's interesting to pick up a copy of A Guide to United States Coins, commonly known as the red book ok coin collecting, and yes the cover is cherry red.

In it you will see all your condition/wear factors of each type of coin and it's corresponding value, but only if you're buying, not selling, lol.

Don

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Numismatic in its definition is the study of coins, a numismatist is basically a coin collector. They may collect by series, type, mintmark, key dates in a series or whatever.

Coins are graded by condition. As condition goes up so does value. It's interesting to pick up a copy of A Guide to United States Coins, commonly known as the red book ok coin collecting, and yes the cover is cherry red.

In it you will see all your condition/wear factors of each type of coin and it's corresponding value, but only if you're buying, not selling, lol.

Don

I actually wasn't asking "What is numismatic value?". I was just commenting on the fact that generally, the coins these 3rd party groups are using to make the gimmicky president/icon half dollar coins probably didn't have much numismatic value to begin with. So, I don't think that should be much of a consideration when we're talking about these coins. But I agree, they're kind of a dumb product haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread