Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a late start on Thursday for an after work hunt. Hit the ground at about 6:30 and was there for an hour and a half. Found some square nails, a small iron buckle and thought I may not find a coin. Got a 95 signal that seemed large so I thought it was a horseshoe; turned out it was a Walker half. Leaving the parking lot I spoke with the gentleman who locks the gate at night; he grew up in the area and recalled sledding every winter down the very hillside I had detected.

Friday, I tried another park in Dundalk, but it was a bust because it was filled when the neighborhood was put it. Just found modern stuff, no deep old signals

Not to be deterred, I headed back to an area where I'd had some success and spent the rest of the day there. Lots of wheats. Did find a merc. Dug an old police button made by John A Griffith & Co. of Baltimore. I looked through Baltimore City directories from 1859 through 1890 and this company shows up in 1865. Since the company was a tailor service, I'm not clear whether they made the buttons or had them made with their name as the backmark; Waterbury made an identical button. Found an old suspender buckle, just didn't have room to fit it or the clad in the picture; clad came to $4.09.

Thanks for checking out the pics!

Finds.jpg

Upvote 18

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some Great finds!!

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is that dog tag 2008 or 1908? Believe it or not it's hard to tell. If that's 1908 that would be one valuable tag, probably about $15 or 20!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread