Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to an old school house in a very small community about 40 miles west of my home this morning about daylight. It was an old fashioned school I'm guessing it was built in the 1920s? It had a large bell out front like all schools use to have long ago. I spent about an hour and a half just going over the front of the school property mostly at random. I found some clad as usual, part of a toy car, an icecream token and a smalll silver fillagree ring. The token was along a sidewalk about two inches deep and showed up as a quarter on my ACE 250. It appears to be made of brass or copper and is about the size of a quarter the front is inscribed Flavor Burst, Redeem at a participating store. On the back is an icecream cone. I never heard of Flavor Burst icecream and have no idea where a participating store might be! I also have no idea how old it is, but it cleaned up really nice with a little Kaboom and a bristle brush. The ring was at 4" beneath an old cedar tree and it showed up on my lcd as a dime. It had multiple auditory tones as opposed to the usual back and forth two tones so I suspected it was something other than a dime. It has a black onyx looking stone in the center and yellew glass chips all around that gave it a strange sheen in the sun. I suppose the chips are glass, but they could be diamond chips? And the usual 925 was stamped inside the band. Anyway, I had a pretty successful morning and it made the drive worthwhile.

Attachments

• Old School Yard.JPG
    Old School Yard.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 631
  • Icecream token 2.JPG
    Icecream token 2.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 627
  • Icecream Token.JPG
    Icecream Token.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 620
  • Filagree Silver Ring.JPG
    Filagree Silver Ring.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 622
  • Fillagree ring 2.JPG
    Fillagree ring 2.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 624
  • Fillagree Ring 3.JPG
    Fillagree Ring 3.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 616
Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Monty,

very nice finds, very nice ring.

Many items if you google "flavor burst ice cream".

Again, nice. Real good ring.

have a good un.............

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hi Monty

Wow, that's a really sweet ring, very pretty.
WTG, congrats big time on that and the other finds.

Smiles!
BDoo

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds !!!!!!!!!
Congrats on the Ring!!!!!!!!!!!!
Always love to see that silver

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ring is beautiful Jim! Great token too!

Congrats! Nana ;)

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Congrats on the ring and the token,very nice. Flavor Burst ice cream is a soft serve ice cream,similar to the consistency of Dairy Queen. Then they have different flavors in seperate hoses in the machine that mix the flavor into the soft serve in a swirl pattern. It's very good, I've had it before at our local auto show. I don't know any stores that sell it; I've basically seen these stands at fairs,and local events.

R

rvbvetter

The ring doesn't look all that small to me. Very nice finds!! WTG!!! HH

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think the car is the monkees car from the tv show

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread