silver at the shore

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Well the Noreaster sure brought out the treasure hunters!!! EVERY beach we went to had several people out detecting. 6 in some places!!! And I know some of my friends (Bootybay, pjroo, baspinall) were there and I never saw them. WOW. But our group of 4 did not have great luck. We all found lots of clad but I think I was the only one with any keepers. Found the religious medal, 2 wheaties, MY FIRST WALKER, and a merc that is so brown you would never know it is silver. I had a great day and the weather was fabulous; t shirts on Nov 15.

Attachments

• silvermedal.jpg
    silvermedal.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 477
  • novnoreaster.jpg
    novnoreaster.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 483
  • firstwalker.jpg
    firstwalker.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 484
Upvote 0

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad somebody got something, I was with pjroo and baspinall for about hour and half at Ventnor beach and clad and keys and junk were it. I was really surprised to see that much sand on the beach, expected to see a damaged beach and it was not from Fishing Pier as far as I could see north to ACY.......

The same beach we hunted today was great after the big Halloween storm back in the 90's, back then there were many pilings showing at low tide area and almost all regular sand was gone and left a blackish harder sand in spots that was loaded with silver coins............ Ah, was hoping for that today, but did not happen.........

Don

Attachments

• VentnorFishingPier.jpg
    VentnorFishingPier.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 458
OP
OP
cntrydncr1

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Sorry I missed you Don. Aaron had sent me a message to join you but I did not get it till after the fact. I was in Margate so I should have waved to you at least!

pro778

Jan 21, 2008
Forked River, Moorestown, NJ
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 E-TRAC
The storm was really a big disappointment. I was on LBI and other then the dunes, you wouldn't even know there was a storm. Beach looked like it always does. Just clad and one silver ring. The weather was nice. I can't believe how many people were out with detector's. Everywhere I went there were people detecting.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but you know, no mater how many people you see on a beach hunting...
there is always more beach than can ever be scanned by a 1000 detectorists....

Although where you were looking may not have been so good, its more likely that
the storm threw up a bunch of stuff in a few "Wash areas"

I hit a place like that on Myrtle Beach one time years ago, and you could only get to it at low
tide, in the wet sand, so I hit it for two days every low tide and got 2 gold rings 2-3 silver rings
and about 100 clad coins... but it was just that one spot at low tide, anywhere else you just found
little bits and onesies... and twosies..

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you got some keepers. The beaches were the same north of you , a lot of sand on the boardwalks and nearby roads but the beaches were a disappointment. Can you get a year off that Walker?

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Congrats on your first Walker, Deb. May there be many more.

Bob

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well shoot :D You were real close to us, oh well next time. Congrats! The beach looked fine where we were, should have been a sign to move on...... It was great meeting Don.

Brian

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Don in SJ said:
Glad somebody got something, I was with pjroo and baspinall for about hour and half at Ventnor beach and clad and keys and junk were it. I was really surprised to see that much sand on the beach, expected to see a damaged beach and it was not from Fishing Pier as far as I could see north to ACY.......

The same beach we hunted today was great after the big Halloween storm back in the 90's, back then there were many pilings showing at low tide area and almost all regular sand was gone and left a blackish harder sand in spots that was loaded with silver coins............ Ah, was hoping for that today, but did not happen.........

Don
Hi Don......well you can thank the Beach replenishment back 5 years ago for the lack of targets.......the beach has been radically changed and we still need more storms to bring the beach down to where it was pre-replenishment......do you want to know the key to it??......find those beaches that haven't been replenished it the last 10 years or better (not many left....but they are there) these beaches hold much much more accumulation (in range of our searchcoils) than a recently replenished beach......I pretty much stay out of Atlantic City after the fall season as it can be pretty barren.....anyway....sorry you didn't find all that beach silver that you expected to dig....HH....Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread