Silver ~ british ???

Flyingbuy

Apr 20, 2009
Berkshire County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MineLabs (Explorer ) , Tesoro (DeLeon ) ,Garrett (AT Pro Gold)

Attachments

• GEDC1717.JPG
    GEDC1717.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 2,131
  • GEDC1721.JPG
    GEDC1721.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 2,201
  • get-attachment-23.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment-23.aspx.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 982
Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Flyingbuy

Apr 20, 2009
Berkshire County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Mackaydon said:
Spanish, 2 reales ("pistareen"), Segovia Mint, Philipp V (??)
Don........
Thanks ! I've found two other Spanish silver coins here on Martha's Vineyard ,both small the size of a dime.

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job, I was fortunate enough to pull a 2 reale pistareen in Falmouth. What an exciting feeling eh?

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always a thrill to dig Spanish silver. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
F

Flyingbuy

Apr 20, 2009
Berkshire County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Sniffy said:
Nice job, I was fortunate enough to pull a 2 reale pistareen in Falmouth. What an exciting feeling eh?
Great !! can you give me a time line ~ range of dates ~ for this copin , the date is worn off ??

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful two Reale of Philip V. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
F

Flyingbuy

Apr 20, 2009
Berkshire County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Mackaydon said:
Those would be 1/2 reales; care to post pics of them?
Don.......
Hi Don , I will post the two other 1/2 reales when I am back home to the computer that I have the photos in ~ Thanks Again

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flyingbuy said:
Sniffy said:
Great !! can you give me a time line ~ range of dates ~ for this copin , the date is worn off ??
Mine was a 1737 but I"m not certain about yours, it looks earlier.

OP
OP
F

Flyingbuy

Apr 20, 2009
Berkshire County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Sniffy said:
Flyingbuy said:
Sniffy said:
Thanks ~ was looking online and didn't see much later than 1724 for this coin ?? Cape and the islands are certainly a great place to find early colonial coins . I have been granted permission to detect a 200+ acre farm that has cellar holes dating from 1715. The coppers from this site are cooked from the rich soil unlike some other site on the island where I have found the ground to be sandy and the coins in much better shape. With this warm fall weather I am hoping that the frozen ground holds off much longer !!!!!

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flyingbuy said:
Sniffy said:
Flyingbuy said:
Sniffy said:
Thanks ~ was looking online and didn't see much later than 1724 for this coin ?? Cape and the islands are certainly a great place to find early colonial coins . I have been granted permission to detect a 200+ acre farm that has cellar holes dating from 1715. The coppers from this site are cooked from the rich soil unlike some other site on the island where I have found the ground to be sandy and the coins in much better shape. With this warm fall weather I am hoping that the frozen ground holds off much longer !!!!!
I know what you mean....I found a Draped Bust that was still "shiny" on cape.....sandy soil is nice. I hope someone will chime in and ID that piece. I hope to see a pine tree shilling coming from you soon.....

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet find!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
F

Flyingbuy

Apr 20, 2009
Berkshire County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Sniffy said:
Flyingbuy said:
Sniffy said:
Flyingbuy said:
Sniffy said:
I know what you mean....I found a Draped Bust that was still "shiny" on cape.....sandy soil is nice. I hope someone will chime in and ID that piece. I hope to see a pine tree shilling coming from you soon.....
That would be great !! I did pull a nice Mass penny earlier this year !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread