Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get about 3 hours in today, more fields to detect than I have time for. Hit two fields that have produced over the years and found a few late 1800s coins then went to a new field I just received permission for. The new fields came from a farmer passing by and stopped to ask what I was looking for as I was close to a farm road. After 10 minutes of conversation, he granted me all his fields in the area. Most of the finds here came from the new field and the three silver coins. Here’s the lead, half of a lead horseman that looks like he has an MD on his side, half of a musket ball, appears that there was not enough lead to finish the mold, a musket ball, a spindle whorl and two lead seals.
25Aug07lead.jpg

What looks like the butt end of a hilt from a small dagger, I have found 3 or 5 of these now. A nice pewter button with intact shank, a white glass bead, a clay marble, a small child’s ring and a religious looking ring. I have found several of these type religious rings but not like this one. Anyone know what the symbol is on the face of the ring? I have found crosses, Christ on the cross and even a grail/chalice or cup on this style of ring.
25Aug07relics.jpg

A military map divider or a compass, since I’m not sure, I’ll go with military map divider. It is about 3.5” or 90 cm long.
25Aug07divider.jpg

Got lucky with three silver coins, 1835, 1806 and an 1876. Obverse, dime is for size to show how small some of the silver coins are here.
25Aug07silverO.jpg

Reverse of the silver coins. Hope to get back out there for a few hours today. HH, Mike
25Aug07silverR.jpg

Upvote 0

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o Once again, nice finds Mike. I like the way you gain permission to hunt the fields. Its always good to be seen doing what we do best and have the home owner say "Come On Over"!
HH and and enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Desertfox

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice haul. :)

The dagger terminal (which I have a few of) are by there size only Knife terminals. (cica 13th century)

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi mike, 700 years in one trip ;D ;D ;D Congrats on the awsome silver

tinpan

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Mike - a real interesting collection of relics

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice loot again Mike.

I sometimes wonder what it would feel like to dig real treasure like you and the others over there.

Badger

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all! The ring was IDed and shows a buckle on the face, dates to around 1840ish, I thought the buckle was some kind of symbol to do with religion since the other rings I have found like it all have some kind of religious symbol on them. HH, Mike

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Thanks for the update on the ring. I knew you wouldn't give in until you had your answer! HH

Desertfox

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bavaria Mike said:
Thanks all! The ring was IDed and shows a buckle on the face, dates to around 1840ish, I thought the buckle was some kind of symbol to do with religion since the other rings I have found like it all have some kind of religious symbol on them. HH, Mike

I knew it was a buckle (wasn't sure on date) but thought you meant another ring with religous symbols. Wish I had said now :)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great finds Mike, as usual, WTG!!!
I like that map divider thingy. Does it still work?, (open up?)
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice stuff Mike. Those coins are small but very cool. If those fields are more than a couple acres you definitely could spend a lot of hours hunting there. Good luck.

Bob

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Mike!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Awsome finds Mike! That gold is out there somewhere. I know I'll be seeing a post soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions