silver color nuggets

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have found many silver colored nuggets that have SI on them and roman numerals: V, X, L, C, and M. They are same color as old dimes or old cobs. Sounds like old 50 cent piece when dropped, and are "good targets" for tesoro stingray on beach. I sent pictures to Carla Banning and she said they are real posers.What is a "poser", the experts have had two months on this. I am thinking Bermuda{Sommer Islands} and Thomas Tew in particular. beads, bones, arrowheads cannonballs nearby, medallion, and rings with pig/boat logo marked 925 and IC K.

Last edited:
OP
OP
boris

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
I E mailed pictures to Carla Banning{Lost Treasure} with help from children, Site is Westport Point near Eddy Farm, They number in 1000s and look like scrimshaw on silver, also candlestick and bracelet, many other things, silver plate {broken in pieces which resemble hogge and ship. MY e mail is [email protected] on facebook. How do I switch over to T Net? The time on this is way off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to your settings at the top of the page and change it to eastern standard time.HH
Broken Knee, can you post pictures of the nuggets

Upvote 0

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the pictures from David:

Attachments

• 2012-01-27 11.05.21.jpg
    2012-01-27 11.05.21.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 20120127_110816.jpg
    20120127_110816.jpg
    901.7 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 0

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you find those aluminum colored items on the beach they sure look like melted cans? The rings are neat! HH
Broken Knee

Upvote 0
OP
OP
boris

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
I have found many things made of aluminum in last 40+ years and they tend to oxidize and crumble, these are not oxidized at all and may be hundreds of years old. I forgot roman numeral "D" in list=500. Not to mention 1000000 pop tops, I do however use all metal mode/salt water and these show up with maximum discrimination when looking for old silver ie dimes,etc. remember coins from Sommer Isles, Hogge and boat logo. I think date is 17th century as beach is 1000s of years old also have clovis point of quartz. maybe platinum or otherwise if not silver? It is still a great mystery to me but Thomas Tew was from Newport which is a holler away.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
boris

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Note: roman numerals can be felt by fingers, like braille for those with bad vision. Plus "P" is also present, many are holed like beads.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
boris

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Read story about lost items from time of JamesII, a past King, Jacobites from Scotland, Norse? or Templars? See Lost treasure "RHODE ISLAND" hoard, and the gold bug 1965. Also the drumhead map 1982. "Their is a rock with an X chisled in it ,near hollow oak with one limb cut off" on the Southside of the Bay etc. Greene family as in Col.green who had the 1913 nickels{5} of them made by the U.S.Mint withwrong logo! Westport near Nonquit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
boris

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Do you think the rings are gold and silver? 925 and IC K on inside, see the hogge? Made of melted beer cans? not

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vhs07

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
Victoria, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Cortez
My vote on your melted pieces is remains of aluminum cans thrown in a campfire.
When I still detected, our local beach (Magnolia) had them by the thousands.
I can't make out any holes or numerals on the ones pictured.
How about some closeup's of what your referring to.

Charles

Upvote 0

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could the SI mean "pepsi" it would be nice to see close up pics of the lettering your referring to

Upvote 0

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No the rings look like rings, the things that I've circled in your pic look like melted aluminum cans? The one that I didn't circle to the left could you post a closeup of it? And could you post other pics of the item on the lower right closeup's and other angles? Thanks, Broken Knee

Attachments

• aluminum.jpg
    aluminum.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
boris

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Also car wash places have change for eyes, telephone booths and vending machines 40+ years. I sold the gold, nice ,paid for tesoro. AS I wore out 3 Bounty hunters and a Radio Shack TR. Did I mention Coin Star reject baskets? Parking lots for engagement rings on ground? Use imagination. This started after hurricane BoB did his thing and I found a Sommer Islands III pence which PCGS would not recognize ,or the NE silver too! they "could not decide", and did make refunds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
boris

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
You can click on it to magnify, works like a loop! one on left has X P and art S I pig and boat commingled, the dark round is flat on one side and very heavy, either weird cannonball or 10$ piece {M} SI. Look at shape of ones you circled can you see or "D" or"M" in the shape for touch? these are largest and small ones are consistent with V, X, L, C, D, and M in size such as 2 bits 4 bits 8 bits etc. Also" P ." Token dated 1931 size of 50 cents.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
boris

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Double click on photograph and it is like a loop. Look at shapes for finger braille for visually impaired.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
boris

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
I do have medicine after what I saw at the Foxy Lady in New Bedford on 12112006, lost two young 30 year old friends that night. It is for blood pressure, as I was apprentice bouncer, since 2001.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boris, is that what it says on that coin? Cause I don't know where your going with that last post? Did you take your meds. today? ???
BK

Upvote 0
OP
OP
boris

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
double click on it, it works like jewelers 10x loop. some not only lost arms and legs, but also eyes. I did not post the bones, as I thought it was in bad taste. Maybe someone who drowned? Have your ever put a lazer on your unit?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread