Silver dime finally

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I know I'm new here, but, all those hesitant to try dimes, shouldn't be. I've had better luck with dimes than halves so far. They key to dimes is not to waste that much time looking at the roll; the silver stands out like a sore thumb.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I'm new here, but, all those hesitant to try dimes, shouldn't be. I've had better luck with dimes than halves so far. They key to dimes is not to waste that much time looking at the roll; the silver stands out like a sore thumb.

this is true most of the time. You dont need to look to hard but there are times when the older dimes like mercs do not stick out at all. They just look like a dirty clad dime. The other problem i have seen is barber dimes or if your lucky enough a seated dime can be very thin. The barber dimes i have found have been much thinner and can look like a clad edge amongst the clad dimes. Check fast but not to fast. HH

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The constant strugge between finding more silver dimes and spending less time finding each. I have almost missed a few mercs, but all in all I would say it's about what you're looking for. if you want to find older coins, go slow. if you want silver, go fast.

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just be careful when you rim search. Last week, I saw a dime that didn't look right and upon turning is over found a 1943 Merc. The rim was dirty. Dimes do produce more often than halves.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got three teller tray scores Yesterday. A 64, 63d, and 62d. One of a hole filler in my little album!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread