Silver Dime Trifecta Today!

duggr

May 4, 2006
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the second time this year that i've had the chance to go out and detect a little..
Last Saturday I pulled out two Barber Dime's and a Medallion.. Today I woke up to a 32 degree temp
out side and I new it was suppose to snow tonight and the temps were going to get back to normal
here in Illinois!...I decided to go to the same spot that I got the two barbers last week to see if I
could pick a few more goodies up.........I got there around 8:30 am and decided I would try an area
that I picked up some good finds....Well! After around three Hour's of hunting and only one 1941
wheatback and some trash along with some thimbles I Got that sweetsound....and my first seated this year,
an 1887 Seated Dime! About 20 minutes or so I dug the 1893-O Barber Dime and about another 30 minutes
or so a 1941 Merc....Shortly after digging the merc it started to barely sprinkle some rain, so I worked my
way back to my car and called it a day!...Glad I went despite the temps outside!!

Last Saturdays Finds

Todays Finds

Upvote 15
Sweet trifecta! Wouldn't it be cool to find a Rosie too at the same time for a quadfecta? That's sounds like a nice honey hole you found there!

Nice trifecta, snowing, freezing rain, windy and more snow coming here in SW Ohio. It's killing me not to be able to get out! Congrats on the triple Silver day, Got yourself a $25 Barber Dime there!! CONGRATS!

Congratulations!! Always glad to see the extra effort pay off. Certainly worth the cold to get those nice coins.

Three varieties on the same day is amazing!

killer coins that seated is awesome!, congrats on some great hunts

What an awesome day you had the 1893 O barber is a semi key nice job..

Wow sweet coins!

Outstanding digs there my man.... congrats!!!

I would have been thrilled with just one of those, to find three and all different and not a rosie, gotta love it!

I just posted the message below yesterday to Silversurfer1111, yours is the third one found that I know of Sear's must of sold a lot of them.

Hi,
I found a watch fob identical to one of yours. I found it back in 1977 and have it in my collection of fobs. I found and identified it in a reprint of the 1900 Sear's catalog.
Nice finds. Looks like you were busy hunting.
Good luck & HH
sear's fob.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back