Silver dimes - 2 for the price of 1!

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Walked into the grocery store to get a few things this morning, noticed two old guys at the coinstar. I go do my shopping and stop by the in-store bank. I ask the teller "Can I buy that white dime from you?" Teller "Sure, any other specific change you want?" Bought a couple roll of nickels, haven't searched yet. On the way out I check the coinstar and there are 2 pennies and a filthy, corroded dime. I put them in my pocket and go home. It took me about 5 minutes to find the date on the dime, it's a '43. Two silver dimes today and I'm not hunting dimes, including my 2nd coinstar Merc in the last 6 or 7 weeks. Not too bad.

Silver at face is good. Silver for free is better.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Nice finds Twitch.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! I still have not found any quarter/dimes in teller trays!! Always looking though...

I also have not found any silver in the coin star machines, although last week I did find my first change ever in the reject bin, 2 dimes and a quarter, but no silver... doh!

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Dude, when you get good luck like that, push it!
I hope you put a buck down on the lotto after you realized your finds.

Nice change from that store, I'd shop there a few more times to see if the pay streak lasts.

Yeah, I'm in there quite a bit. The bank in there has given me an indian head penny, a buffalo nickel a war nickel and a penny roll with 50 dimes in it all within the last 4 or 5 weeks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread