silver dimes at my local shop

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
a little high for today on the price, but not by much. And if the price doesn't allow you to sell them, you have silver coins anyway. :-)

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 for 24 dollars? I would say that is too pricey for my blood.. I would not purchase at that price, but that judgement is based on pricing in my area.. It really isnt that bad a deal though..also, keep in mind the price of silver today. I can normally get 10 dimes for around 20-22 dollars.. or in my opinion, you should just search 10 boxes of dimes and I would bet you will have more than just 10 dimes in your hand afterwards..

OP
OP
Thorne

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I'm going to open am account at a local tcf that has a coinstar type machine that is free to customers. So maybe after that ill be able to plow through some boxes

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a premium over melt indeed, but things are dry as a bone around here as folks tend to buy it all up on the dip.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thorne said:
Ya I'm going to open am account at a local tcf that has a coinstar type machine that is free to customers. So maybe after that ill be able to plow through some boxes

Thats what im gunna do soon haha, tcf is a good dump bank, not sure if they can order anything or not, but tcf banks r everywhere so u can dump in numerous places

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
About average for sell price for dimes. Not seeing many discounts when it comes to retail prices in this dip in silver prices, guess there's still enough buyers at 24x face. Seeing no drop when it comes to sell price for even junk silver dollars...

Still continuing to cherry-pick choice pieces out of the junk bin but hasn't dipped enough for me to start buying pure junk, at least at the 3-4 dealers I go to regularly. Over here Craigslist and auctions have been going MUCH higher than melt. Junk silver has been going for 27x face+ at auctions and all the Craigslist sellers want 26x face. Modern Commems and silver proof sets have been going HIGH at auctions.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Guy at my lcs is selling junk silver dimes. Said 10 of them for 24$ is this average? I'm going to buy them over the corse of the first few months of 2013 and try to sell them on Craigslist in the summer for a profit. Any thoughts are appreciated

I appreciate what you are attempting to do but I fear you will not make any profit with your current plan. Do a little more research, as you just need to refine your plan a bit more to make it worthwhile. Good luck.

OP
OP
Thorne

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I was thinking it might not work. Was also considering just buying them and holding until they are worth 3$ apiece

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread