Silver dimes must be an urban legend! ANOTHER NEW UPDATE!!!!! 4/21

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I am beginning to believe that silver dimes are an urban legend or an internet myth.

Are we sure that the government once minted and distributed real silver dimes as coinage, and didn't sell them only to coin shops? They seem to be the only folks that own silver dimes.

:laughing7:

I haven't found a single dime since I've been CRHing.

I bought $220 worth of dimes today, as I do once or twice a month. I also buy $20 worth every three days or so, and then flip those for quarters at another bank.

I don't understand why I still haven't found a silver dime or quarter. They are so elusive!!!!!

FWIW, I don't think that I have silver hounds at my buy banks, because I've gotten some silver there.

What do I have to do to find a single dime CRHing???

Anyone else have this kind of luck??

Upvote 0

kb4iqm

Mar 26, 2011
Southeastern Tennessee
Re: Silver dimes must be an urban legend!

I've had horrible luck with Brinks dime rolls and Brinks dime boxes. Sealed or not, Brinks boxes from around here have been all skunks. I have better luck from customer wrapped rolls when it comes to dimes and quarters.

The head teller at my hometown bank refused to sell me even one roll of dimes yesterday. She said she had none to spare, so I dumped the rolls from the Brinks box there that I had bought at another branch. She's always given me a hard time about buying coin, but loves for me to dump there.

I rarely post my CWR results since I do so many small batches. I save my results posts for boxes or large batches of CWRs.

Bob

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009

try moving [half a joke] i usually get silver dimes every time i try , mind you when i try its fed and and rolled from $200 - 1,000 in rolls. I get at least a merc a week.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

clovis97 said:
I should add that nearly all the dimes that I buy are clear wrapped rolls from Brinks.

In my experiance, I have had Better luck with the Plastic Rolls.. Its quick to search too, I usally can check them on my lunch break .
Last week I got 100 dollars worth and had time to find out they were skunked waiting in the DQ Drive thru

But I wouldnt stop looking

eolson3

Apr 11, 2011

I have found at least 2 silver dimes for every box of dimes. From Chicago here. Its all about volume. I have never bother to try for quarters. I go through tons of halves.

reilly0458

Jan 5, 2011

I'm searching roughly $750-1000/month and am averaging 3 silvers for every 250 i search. There has only been one occasion when i was skunked, and it was in a NF string box. The key is definitely in the volume searched. The more you search the more you find. Its awesome.

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Re: Silver dimes must be an urban legend! UPDATE!!!!! 4/20

I can't hardly believe it!!!!!

Anyone wanna guess who finally found silver today???????

I went to my favorite dump bank to dump a box of halves. I asked the teller if she had any dimes, and she sold me her last three rolls.

To be honest, I felt like a fool buying more dimes. I didn't even look through them until I got home about 6 hours later. I was sure they would be 150 copper clad dimes, just like the countless rolls I've done before.

Instead of neatly opening these paper wrapped dimes, I ripped the first one open, and dumped the contents in my hand. There it was, my very first dime, frosty white, and standing out in that handful like a sore thumb.

As I yelled out "SILVER! I FOUND A SILVER DIME!!!!", my daughter grabbed the second roll, and she found a silver dime too!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: The third roll, which my wife opened, was a skunk.

What are the odds? After searching $5100 worth of clear wrapped Brinks dime rolls....

WE FOUND TWO SILVER DIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hello2:

kb4iqm

Mar 26, 2011
Southeastern Tennessee

clovis97 said:
I can't hardly believe it!!!!!

Anyone wanna guess who finally found silver today???????

I went to my favorite dump bank to dump a box of halves. I asked the teller if she had any dimes, and she sold me her last three rolls.

To be honest, I felt like a fool buying more dimes. I didn't even look through them until I got home about 6 hours later. I was sure they would be 150 copper clad dimes, just like the countless rolls I've done before.

Instead of neatly opening these paper wrapped dimes, I ripped the first one open, and dumped the contents in my hand. There it was, my very first dime, frosty white, and standing out in that handful like a sore thumb.

As I yelled out "SILVER! I FOUND A SILVER DIME!!!!", my daughter grabbed the second roll, and she found a silver dime too!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: The third roll, which my wife opened, was a skunk.

What are the odds? After searching $5100 worth of clear wrapped Brinks dime rolls....

WE FOUND TWO SILVER DIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hello2:
I'm really glad to hear that your silver drought has been broken by a couple of drops of silver rain. I hope that this is the beginning of a silver storm, you certainly deserve it.

Bob

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010

Thanks, man!!!! Those kind words are nice to hear!!!!

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009

Customer rolled dimes, my friend. At least $100 at a time and you may get one. Every once and a while you will hit it BIG. I know because it has happened to me many times.

OWS

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I can't hardly believe this...

I was pretty excited to find two dimes yesterday, so I swung into a bank and bought a box of dimes.

We opened them as a family, as we always do, and my wife found a 45 Merc!!! My 10 year old daughter found a 53 Roosie!!!!

TWO MORE DIMES TODAY!!!!! YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread