Silver drought broken, and 2 1sts

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't been able to get out and walk around with the metal detector lately. Striped Bass fishing has cut into my detecting time, and when I have gotten out to scan, I've only found some clad here and there... Early this afternoon I had 2 hours with nothing to do and decided to spend it scanning around an old church down by my parents place.. Got a solid hit about 25 feet from the car on the edge of a field at 4", and to my pleasant surprise was my 1st Mercury dime. Prior to this, my only silver is a 1907 Barber Half..

After patching up my divot, I just scanned the area again to make sure I got everything, and got another solid tone 5" away from where I got the dime.. Again at 4", I pulled my 1st Walking Liberty Half.... Was an excellent day for me as I don' get out to dig nearly as much as I would like.. The rest of the day drew $1.19 in Clad... :laughing7:

Attachments

• Silver.jpg
    Silver.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 355
Upvote 0

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice! Probably a pocket spill. Congrats on the big silver! Those Walking Liberty half dollars are a beautiful coin!!

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
WTG and congrats!!

OP
OP
B

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys... And your right, these 2 are some of the most beautiful coins this country has ever produced... There is just something about old money, its so much more artistic and articulate in comparison to what we circulate today..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread