Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The day started off pulling out some crusty coppers and some neat odds and ends but I had my eye on silver as I've been on a silver drought for quite some time now and the way my detecting buds have been pulling out silver, I figured I was due… I was right, first silver was 1906 Edward 5 cents…many would find nice but I was hoping to break the silver drought with something much older…managed to try a few fields we've hit recently but finds were far and few between so we went on hunthicks' research, an area I've been thinking about as well. Well a 84 year old farmer met us at the door who was a wealth of information and very knowledgable of the local land… This field had pottery everywhere with finds coming up in the form of Geo II, Tombac buttons and this great looking Spanish silver (1721), it is now my oldest Spanish, beating my previous one by 5 years which I found while out with Iron Patch a number of years ago… Managed a date off the Geo II (1752) and also found trade and navigation tokens…another neat piece was the butt plate of a musket gun (too bad it wasn't whole)….

Attachments

• 1906.jpg
    1906.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 377
  • coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 382
  • Spanish.jpg
    Spanish.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 384
  • Spanish1.jpg
    Spanish1.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 419
  • butt.jpg
    butt.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 379
  • span group.jpg
    span group.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 372
Upvote 10

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job breaking the slump, nice coin for sure.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that Spanish. The off center strike gives it an old & crude look and adds character.

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice crusty coppers and awesome silver! That off strike does give it some good character! HH!

OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's funny I should post my junk pouch to show how many bad targets are dug to get to the good one….Cause you are right IP, lots of miles and sweat
1 for the good guys! :headbang: The ones who have to sweat way too much for something like that.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Super day out, congrats on getting your oldest silver and what a beauty it is!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's funny I should post my junk pouch to show how many bad targets are dug to get to the good one….Cause you are right IP, lots of miles and sweat
We should all start doing this. And we should start wearing those things to tell you you far you've walked lol. Here in Maine I often hike miles to get in and out of a site. The terrain usually sucks and it sure as hell ain't a beautiful flat lawn. My machine and I take a beating usually. Then there's all those damn bullets I usually have to dig. People should start seeing all the crap we pull out to get one good one. Amazingly I only dug about (28) targets the other day and had 3 coins 2 round balls and a button. Don't get that ratio very often

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread