silver drought is over!!!

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
My neighbor let me borrow his MXT this weekend. Plan on hitting an old school on Sunday. Thought I'd better use it a bit before tomorrow so I hit the old farmhouse yard. It's been detected quite heavily by me and others before me. But I've owned the property for ten years so I knew no detector of the caliber of the MXT had been used. You see I still have an old Classic III.
Place was built in 1875 and the grounds are just littered in old iron. Took me close to ten minutes before I found a place I could ground balance. Then switched the ground trac to Lock. Working in Coin and Jewelry. Finally found a zinc penny. Then got a decent signal but vid jumped between penny and quarter. Depth said 4" so down I went. Pulled the plug out and re checked the hole. Locked on quarter. Is this fun or what! Didn't even recheck the depth. carefully dug around and out popped a 1943 S Washington quarter. Yee Haa!!!
Next coin was a 1918 S wheatie. No more coins but found a very cool brass lock. Made by Corbin.
I just gotta get me an MXT. When I get batteries for the camera I'll try to post a pic. Detectors I know, computers I don't. Going to tear up the school yard tomorrow! Figuratively of course.

Upvote 0
J

Jim Cal

Slow sweeper, get some batteries for that camera so we can see some of those great finds. I love the story about finding the Quarter. There has got to be some good stuff waiting for you! Jim Cal

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Them are some great finds, haven't found an old lock yet, still waiting...
Sounds like you may have a good spot to hunt, Good luck on the next trip out...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread