Silver for me --yeah!!!

wirebender

Sep 11, 2007
California
Last night I got time to go out for about an hour. I went to an old place where and very old detectorist had told me about. He had found some barbra dimes and indians there the month before, and encouraged me to go dig the deepies as he was getting too old for that. I didn't find anything that old on my short hunt, but I did find this nice silver ring, my second silver ring ever!! yeah!! I am sure this place has to have silver coins looking at the dates of the coins I did find. I need to work harder with this SE pro getting it down better. anyway, not to special compared to all of you guys with amazing finds, :thumbsup: but a super good day for me! ;D

WireBender (Marcus the Orthodontist) :icon_king:

web.jpg

web.jpg

Upvote 0

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Nice finds!

I was looking at your ring. It's rather odd to find a silver ring marked .825. Normally silver rings are marked .925 or Sterling. I knoe the Eurpoean system for marking gold rings is set out in decimal form, .417 for 10K, etc. But I see .825 in your close-up as well.

I did a little research and I found several references to silver rings marked .825 so I guess they are out there. Unique find, great job!

OP
OP
wirebender

wirebender

Sep 11, 2007
California
Sweet, my ring is more unique!!!! thanks for the info I did not know this!!

af1733 said:
Nice finds!

I was looking at your ring. It's rather odd to find a silver ring marked .825. Normally silver rings are marked .925 or Sterling. I knoe the Eurpoean system for marking gold rings is set out in decimal form, .417 for 10K, etc. But I see .825 in your close-up as well.

I did a little research and I found several references to silver rings marked .825 so I guess they are out there. Unique find, great job!

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.

Monday I was digging a lot of pennies dated 1959-64 and thought maybe a silver will come up, and sure enough a 64' rosie was to be found. Keep hitting it you'll find it. The next day after getting advice from an
old timer, same park different place, I found a 44' merc, found 2 wheats just before the merc.

Good luck,
HH.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds especially the ring. I like the way you've presented the pics too. Good job :thumbsup:

Mike

OP
OP
wirebender

wirebender

Sep 11, 2007
California
Thanks, there are actually two spots I have been going to which are giving me the 4-6 inches coins in the 60's , I need to get below the 6 inch depth and get down further!!! I know silver is at my both spots for sure!!

BandB1 said:
Nice finds.

Monday I was digging a lot of pennies dated 1959-64 and thought maybe a silver will come up, and sure enough a 64' rosie was to be found. Keep hitting it you'll find it. The next day after getting advice from an
old timer, same park different place, I found a 44' merc, found 2 wheats just before the merc.

Good luck,
HH.

OP
OP
wirebender

wirebender

Sep 11, 2007
California
Thanks!!
the font in the photo is "Bernard MT Condensed"
the text styling was applied by Adobe PhotoShop CS3
with the following settings on Layer Style
Normal blending mode and Opacity at 100%, fill opacity at 100% with blend clipped layers as group and transparency shapers layer on.
"Drop Shadow" on with blend mode of Multiply and 75% Opacity with an angle of 30°, a distance of 13 px and spread of 0, a size of 13 px, no noise and straight contour.
the other setting that was applied was the Bevel and Emboss, the depth of 100 %, style of inner Bevel, and technique of chisel Soft the size was 25 x and 0px soften. the angle was also 30 degrees and gloss contour.

the font it self can be found here.
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/family.aspx?FID=82
(I think it came with MS office??)

Hope this helps!

X-Terra70_TreasureHunter said:
I love them fonts where did you find them at & Great Finds

Dave

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
the font in the photo is "Bernard MT Condensed"
the text styling was applied by Adobe PhotoShop CS3
with the following settings on Layer Style
Normal blending mode and Opacity at 100%, fill opacity at 100% with blend clipped layers as group and transparency shapers layer on.
"Drop Shadow" on with blend mode of Multiply and 75% Opacity with an angle of 30°, a distance of 13 px and spread of 0, a size of 13 px, no noise and straight contour.
the other setting that was applied was the Bevel and Emboss, the depth of 100 %, style of inner Bevel, and technique of chisel Soft the size was 25 x and 0px soften. the angle was also 30 degrees and gloss contour.
WTF?!.....i was going to ask how you did that cool stuff with the photos....now im sorry i know....i know i'll never be able to do that......beautifull presentation... very tastefully done... :3some:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions