SILVER FOUND IN PENNSYLVANIA!

thunter95

Jul 16, 2007
Lewisberry, PA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT / White's Surf PI Pro / White's Surfmaster II / White's IDX / White's Classic III

Attachments

• 52308a.jpg
    52308a.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 768
  • 52308.jpg
    52308.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 780
Upvote 0

smokedaddy

Mar 4, 2008
SE Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum / Fisher 1266X / Minelab Sovereign Elite/ Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul there, Always nice to hit silver :thumbsup:

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
thunter95 said:
Man, it seems like forever since I was able to find silver. Was at Gilford Pinchot State Park and was able to pull a wilver Rosie. Found a bunch of clad but no rings or gold. But silver is great. Thanks for looking
26 Pennys
6 clad dimes
1 silver dime
1 nickel
1 quarter
Man, those wilver Rosies are rarer than hen's teeth! You lucky dog! :D

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice hit on the silver, plenty of good finds there. jgas

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
careful at those State parks! they dont like to see metal detectors there. I just baught a permit to hunt state parks, theres about 15 in this area, but im only permited to hunt 3. If the park has a lot of native american or regimental history they will give you a warning the first time, then confiscate your machine the 2nd time and give you a ticket. never happend to me, but I did read about their policies. you wont get your machine back until you go to court and pay a stiff fine. im sure some state parks could care less, but some take much pride in the history and founders of those parks.

OP
OP
thunter95

thunter95

Jul 16, 2007
Lewisberry, PA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT / White's Surf PI Pro / White's Surfmaster II / White's IDX / White's Classic III
Luckily here in PA the state parks are a little easier. I check in with the rangers every couple weeks just to make sure nothing is changing. They stop to see me every once in a while to see what I am finding. The only rules we have at Pinchot is you cannot detect the beach from Memorial day weekend until Oct 1. You are allowed to hunt anywhere else. But like I said I always try to check in every couple weeks to make sure nothing changes. They probably get tired of me in there but I just think it is better they know I am there. I also check to see if there is a lost item list.

Turtleman

Feb 8, 2007
NW PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Minelab Explorer II
TH95,
I am originally from PA (Lancaster area) and have spent much time at Gifford Pinchot SP. I am finishing grad school in SoCal in a few weeks but moving back to northwestern PA then. Curious; what type of ground did you find the dime in (forested, turf, beach, etc.) I'm not asking you to reveal the specific location; just wondering what type of location it might have been.
Keep on finding the treasure.
T-man
P.S. Are all the MDers there at the SP beaches on Oct. 1?

OP
OP
thunter95

thunter95

Jul 16, 2007
Lewisberry, PA
Detector(s) used
So far I have pulled silver from a couple places in Pinchot. The parking lots (both are grass), Both beaches, There are a couple paths through the woods that have produced silver. As well as the water. This last dime came from the beach. It was about 6 inches down. The area I was detecting was probably hit 100 times before by metal detectors but you need to know your equipment and listen for those deep tones. I also run a 12 inch Hot Head coil which gives me a little more depth :wink:.

OP
OP
thunter95

thunter95

Jul 16, 2007
Lewisberry, PA
Detector(s) used
Yea, On Oct 1 you see any where from 10 to 15 MDers in the water of the beach. For about the first two weeks in OCT the water has more MDers then swimmers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread